Is this a phobia?

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all

see if anyone can help me?

i dont seem to know wtf the problem is

When i go for something to eat with my good lady i seem to get nervous and end up feeling unwell/being sick

its worse when i have dinner with her and her family

i get on great with her family but i just get nervous, **** sake you would think that would maybe just be a thing on the first nite meeting the parents etc but its happening every time

i took the good lady out for lunch one day, walked out the restaurent and was sick all over a shop window

there was no alcohol invovled at any point so i cant even blame that

its only in front of her and her family?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

lol

shes a beautiful lassie, far too good for me like

WTF is going on!

i've had to come home tonight cause of it

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

lol

shes a beautiful lassie, far too good for me like

WTF is going on!

i've had to come home tonight cause of it

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

You dont think you are good enough for her and you are making yourself anxious. Deep breaths m8 and get you self confidence up
Try taking a calms tablet it may help relax you.

this is fuckin murder like

i even went out a walk with her and the dog..........i fucking hate dogs

the walk made me feel worse lol

came home and feel brand new!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

As Ian said it's probably just you being a bit nervous mate, if it only happens when your with your girlfriend and never happened any other time you've eaten out, then it's not a phobia, just try and relax a wee bit, deep breaths you'll be ok mucker.

:Cheers:

this is fuckin murder like

i even went out a walk with her and the dog..........i fucking hate dogs

the walk made me feel worse lol

came home and feel brand new!

Time to get serious...

Sounds like you are having anxiety attacks Gav, possibly leading to mild panic.

I used to get them when I was a teenager, not pleasant at all. :(

its fine when i ride her though! lol

pain in the dick to pay for anice dinner then bring it all back up 10 yards outside the restaurent

i never used to get anxious or embarrassed before!

fuckin walliper!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

lol

thye are great people and they make me feel so welcome

but this is fuckin mad

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

My bro used to have the same kind of problem and he's a loud mouth outgoing guy. It was so weird to see him like it and he couldnt explain why. We would go out to a club and he seemed confident as always but then he'd run off and puke, or have to leave quick like he was in a panic. Anxiety panic attacks from nowhere.
His was linked to smoking puff, even though it didnt seem connected. Once he gave it up completely, and with some nerve medication or similar (dont know what) he got through the phase.
Mad to witness though. Totally out of character and didnt seem real, like it was some amazing act he could do.

see mate thats what its like for me

i dont smoke anything though

confident out going cnut but when it comes to her family thats it...game over

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Well she obviously means a lot to you :)

Hope she enjoyed her holiday by the way and missed you at the same time.

I would try not to worry about it, and maybe avoid having formal meals with her family for a while. Try something easy like having a cuppa and a biscuit with her mum, and see how that goes rather than sitting down to a full meal.

Peppermint tea or ginger is great for settling the stomach, and chamomile is good for nerves.

see mate thats what its like for me
i dont smoke anything though

If you feel it's starting to effect your life then have a word with your GP mate.

He can refer you to the Mental Mad Bastard Team who will teach you techniques to stop the anxiety as soon as you feel it coming on, or if it's really bad he might prescribe a mild anti-depressant or something like that.

Maybe you fancy her Dad?

means the world to me like

first thing i said is i wont be eating with them for a while lol

yeah she did, choking for a bit of Gav right enough ;)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Here's a wee trick to try and take your mind off it the next time you go to her parents, just imagine her maw's sitting there starkers, and if she's good looking all the better :hubbahubba:

but don't repeat don't try this is if her granny's there, it'll just make you feel sick again :sick:

:Cheers:

Just to ask, are you normally ok with her on her own, is it usually just with her family it happens, and were you feeling more anxious than usual the time you went out to lunch with her, ie was she just back off her hols?

On a serious note though mate, i think you might have a case of [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Venustraphobia. its not unheard of![/FONT]

Back