Is this a phobia?

seems like ur thinking to much in to she's to good for ya mate ..no 1 is too good for any 1...just be ur self mate dont try and be some 1 else .... the girl must like ya a lot if she's still with ya after shouting bowl. wen u eat with her lol ...cant be a panic attack av had them for yrs lol. its flight or fight it with them things ....seems to me that your worried wot they think thats making u sick.....just be ur noral self am sure it will all come good ...

brilliant when its just me and her, the first time it happened i wasnt 100%

when i'm with her family its when the "fun" begins

been going with her for 2 months so its still kinda early in the realtionship but shes amazing

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i'm supposed to be going to tenerife with her and her family at new year

so i better get over this shit before then!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Well that's good, sounds like she's planning on keeping you so :)

Don't worry you'll be long over it by then :)

cheers peeps :)

i felt really bad tonight cause it was if i was keeping her away from her wee cousin who was desperate to see her

her wee cousin missed her a hell of a lot but she was sitting outside with me

that made me feel worse

i felt fine but i just came home so i could let the 2 of them spend time together

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

dentata1.jpg

A phobia is an irrational fear, so I guess that's what it is as long as they're not undercover ninjas telling you they are going to shave your eyebrows off in your sleep and spike your food with anti-freeze.

Go through the videos linked in first post in this thread mate: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/235176/ -- it's just like having an error in the registry of your brain.

Last edited by a moderator:
well she is a trainee beautican so there is a chance that one day i may wake up with no eyebrows......

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i lost 2 girlfriends the same way mate, 5 years on i am a full blown agraphobic suffering with panic dissorder with no life mate

i felt the same every time i was with my girl but when i went out wiv the lads i was sweet as a nut

what you dont want to do is get in a pattern of avoidance behaviour or you will end up like me :(

its the start of anxiety and you need to get a grip early doors to sort it out.

Have you spoken to her and her parents. It is often better to get t off your chest m8.

Like you said you have only been with her for a couple of months, you probably feel threatened by her dad etc, its only natural..

If it really does become worse then go see some one about anxiety, hypnotherapists are good.

Hi MFCGAVMFC,
My son is exactly the same about eating in public or in company, it makes him feel ill and he usually ends up being sick. He is 17 now but has been like it since he was about 6. I remember one time we had gone on holiday and went to quite a posh restaurant, we had only just stated eating when he said he felt ill and we only got as far as the front door of the place and he was sick on the front step.
We have never been able to do anything about it and he just gets on with life and avoids eating in company as much as possible.
So I feel for you mate.

The earlier post was right about not letting it build up, if you really cant stop thinking about it its gonna get worse, so see your GP and get a very mild sedative or whatever and take for a few weeks until it doesnt bother you anymore and your used to her family

Have to be honest, I'm not a fan of all this pill poppin, it should be a very tempory or last resort solution. You should deffinetly go and see the doc if you need to but they are very handy these days at just giving you pills to mask over a problem and getting you out the door as soon as...

There is something psychological at the root of this and you need to address this root cause to sort it out, not pop something to make you a zombie and forget you have this problem. If you tell this to the doc then they might take you more seriously, but you can try to help yourself with the EFT post I provided or similar. The answers NEVER lie in a pill bottle or your local freelance drugist.

Gav, consider different relaxation techniques before you take any drugs. I'd consider trying Tai Chi or Chi Kung as your internal system seems to be out of whack.

Have to be honest, I'm not a fan of all this pill poppin, it should be a very tempory or last resort solution. You should deffinetly go and see the doc if you need to but they are very handy these days at just giving you pills to mask over a problem and getting you out the door as soon as...

There is something psychological at the root of this and you need to address this root cause to sort it out, not pop something to make you a zombie and forget you have this problem. If you tell this to the doc then they might take you more seriously, but you can try to help yourself with the EFT post I provided or similar. The answers NEVER lie in a pill bottle or your local freelance drugist.

well im the same mate, i took certain anti depressants for a short time and they made me alot worse, but having panic disorder will do this

my agraphobia came later on because i avoided the things that made me ill

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO NOT AVOID THE SITUATIONS THAT MAKE YOU ILL

if i knew this from the start then maybe i would not be like i am

it seems only early doors for you but i can see the signs, similar to what i had

CBT therapy would be a good start and i think it would be best to do it through a clinical phycologist recomended by your doctor.

good luck buddy.

Back