Is the image acadamy still being updated?

Sicilian

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just had a good read round stages 1, 2 & 3 in the image acadamy. Just wanted to ask if the later stages are going to be updated.

If so I'll be downloading & setting up linux as instructed & really would like to learn how to compile an image the DM500.

Thank you very much for all the info posted so far.

Also I read somewhere that theres a portable unbuntu floating about, anyone have a link for it? Also is it pre-configured?

This is the one I used to compile the school image,

HTML:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Two things to keep in mind,

1.Any of these portable ubuntu's will only work in a 32 bit os

2.You will need to expand the initial ubuntu img file before you start compiling,full instructions here,

HTML:

Just had a good read round stages 1, 2 & 3 in the image acadamy. Just wanted to ask if the later stages are going to be updated.

If so I'll be downloading & setting up linux as instructed & really would like to learn how to compile an image the DM500.

Thank you very much for all the info posted so far.

Also I read somewhere that theres a portable unbuntu floating about, anyone have a link for it? Also is it pre-configured?

yes it will be updated, I think the diffs need updating again but can do that easy enough if anyone is interested within a few days.

Ok, finally got Portable ubuntu running, stupid mubbet me was trying to run on 64bit os, then remembered is only runs on 32bits os.

Right next step to expand the ubuntu image.

Trying to follow this guide to expand the image

PHP:

Problem I'm having is that I cant cd to my I:\ drive, which is the usb pen drive where the portable ubuntu is. Any ideas?

Trying to follow this guide to expand the image

PHP:
Problem I'm having is that I cant cd to my I:\ drive, which is the usb pen drive where the portable ubuntu is. Any ideas?

Maybe either try copying the .img file to your harddisk and do it from there or go back to the begining and install the whole thing to your C: drive instead of a usb pen (which is the way I have it)

Copied the .img file to C: on works pc, showing 8gb of free space, but fsutil says not enough free space to create 4gb file. Deleting some files of work pc, this might have to wait till I get home this evening & set it all up on lappie.

No probs m8 will check in later to see how you got on ;)

Back