VU+ Duo2 Is the duo clone worth getting?

I started with a DM800HD which I replaced with a VU+ Duo due to the fact I can watch one tuner whilst recording on another,for that reason alone I bought one.

been alot of issue,s with poor PSU,S but seem to have been fixed on later models. theres a new mini-duo out that is a dm800hdse box with 2 tuners but runs vu images((150 euro delivered) regards mdt

Its all over Ali Express ,do a search for Mini Duo.
Looks really nice,I'm tempted to pick one up .

That is indeed an interesting looking box (vu duo mini) prices are low as well. But may still be worth paying the extra for a VU Solo2 clone..newer current hardware etc. Also be interesting to see which images this mini duo supports , is it using a cloned ferarri security module or is it some other team behind it ??
Be interesting to see how it copes with heat levels as well, considering clone duos with hard drives fitted were known to have heat issues. But as the power supply looks to be external on the mini duo and the same larger temperature controlled fan from the dm800se is being used courtesy of the dm800se case I guess heat wont be an issue,

Last edited:
That is indeed an interesting looking box (vu duo mini) prices are low as well. But may still be worth paying the extra for a VU Solo2 clone..newer current hardware etc. Also be interesting to see which images this mini duo supports , is it using a cloned ferarri security module or is it some other team behind it ??
Be interesting to see how it copes with heat levels as well, considering clone duos with hard drives fitted were known to have heat issues. But as the power supply looks to be external on the mini duo and the same larger temperature controlled fan from the dm800se is being used courtesy of the dm800se case I guess heat wont be an issue,

Yeah the Solo 2 clone would be nice but I dont think I would pay that much money for a clone,not when an original Gigablue Quad is only an extra 60 euro .
Better peace of mind ,warranty and no worries of compatible images.Also the possibility of 2 extra tuners down the line .

I agree with the heat issues ,the DM800 casing is too small for an internal hard drive,I'd prefer a larger case .
The Dm800 is pushing on now,its pretty sluggish compared to newer receivers with higher cpu's ,my Alien 2 is much faster for example.
I'm not sure how the Vu+ Duo would compare with cpu speed .

The duo is much faster than a dm800hd it's comparable to a 800se. The se case is fine with internal hard disks due to the larger temperature controlled fan. The normal 800hd case has poor cooling and no fan unless you have a sim 2.01 clone but even that uses a poor quality fan that's too small to be of any use.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The duo is much faster than a dm800hd it's comparable to a 800se. The se case is fine with internal hard disks due to the larger temperature controlled fan. The normal 800hd case has poor cooling and no fan unless you have a sim 2.01 clone but even that uses a poor quality fan that's too small to be of any use.

Thanks m8,great info.
I'm actually on my 3rd fan in my Dm800 ,the first 2 started making noises and had to be replaced.
It gets quite hot but doesnt affect performance thankfully.

I gave up with internal fans on dm800Hd I disconnected the internal fan and just used a cheap poundland USB powered laptop cooler and sat the box on top of it.

Hi solo 2 clone is a great option about £160 all in and we now have up to date images running fine on them albeit with a driver swap but box runs perfect and updates for now until a new driver is pushed.
But as commented the Gigablue quad is the perfect genuine counterpart for total piece of mind..same 1300mhz mips proccesor so speed etc should be the same and are now about £200 but maybe wise to hang on as i have heard on the grapevine gigablue are near to putting out a updated version of the HD quad around march.

Back