Is The 3000 Series On The Downward Spiral?

nirelandguy

Member ++
Reaction score
I ask as I have about 12 here, I am wondering whether or not to shift cheap. No one seems to interested in them. A big thing for these receivers was the ability to take Sky cards, but not the 5000 series can take them and the 6000 theres nothing Speical about the 3000 series anyore, Its not the best range of receivers out there.

Any opinions

I install the 3100 reciever for the free sat and my customers love them. Probably because they are so simple to use and set up. and seem to be trouble free. Fingers crossed:eater:

I don't think they are as easy to use as the older 1000 amnd 5000 series boxes. The new firmware seems to be lacking in some of the niceties such as sorting favourites and very annoying how when when in a favourites selected channel group the EPG displays all satellite channels and not just those in that favourites group your watching. Have had glitches with the 3500 before updating the firmware and some of those glitches still exist after updating. Nice receivers though, just a shame they had to change the user interface so dramatically

i cant say im all that enamoured with my 5400ci, keeps turning itself off ,and without cam is as bit poor at the moment,.still prefer my sammy,.

I ask as I have about 12 here, I am wondering whether or not to shift cheap. No one seems to interested in them. A big thing for these receivers was the ability to take Sky cards, but not the 5000 series can take them and the 6000 theres nothing Speical about the 3000 series anyore, Its not the best range of receivers out there.

Any opinions

The 5000 series does not take sky cards, I have tried on latest patch. Shows as card+ Doesn't clear when I insert card.

Back