Is Tenchu Z worth playing?

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
As above, seems to get below par reviews, is it worth a disc?

Anything is worth the 20p it costs for a disc mate. Played all the other tenchu games, and used to love them, aint played this one tbh. And I never listen to reviews, I always play and decide myself.

lol fair enough, I just presumed(wrongly) you meant verbs and that I was getting seen off.

Anything is worth the 20p it costs for a disc mate. Played all the other tenchu games, and used to love them, aint played this one tbh. And I never listen to reviews, I always play and decide myself.

Have you never downloaded and burnt a game thought it was utter cack and wished someone would have warned you beforehand? :)

I've done it with loads of stuff,some of them aren't worth the effort. :)

@ jeuz, I'm currently using photocopies of Aones, they work great but the kids keep drawing on them. :(

Have you never downloaded and burnt a game thought it was utter cack and wished someone would have warned you beforehand? :)

@ jeuz, I'm currently using photocopies of Aones, they work great but the kids keep drawing on them. :(

Actually mate I have, it was street fighter 4. Right bag of shit!

Yup Street Fighter was chronic, one of the worst games I've ever played infact, lol

I'm gonna grab Tenchu just for the sake of it.

Worth a disc , im about half way through it , need to get back on it.

/QUOTE]

I bet you sang from the rooftops the day you did burnt Silent Hill on the blind ;)

I know I played it not having a clue what it was, except when I was playing it was the most engrossing horror game I'd ever played. Made the Resident Evil look like more like an action thriller.

As for Tenchu Z....not sure if this is the one I played briefly, but if there's only 1 Tenchu game available for the 360 then obviously.....anyway I didn't like it, I felt the controls were too loose and that the animation speed as well as the animations themselves were utter shit in how it all moved and looked. Now I love my stealth games in fact it's probably my all time favorite genre but in any case I can tell a great game from a duff one and Tenchu hasn't been good since the original PSX days. In some respects I'd say the same about both the Metal Gear Solid and Syphon Filter franchises as well as they all had their best days creatively on the PSX but how the hell do you top those games! ;)

Last edited:
Fooking hell Rave, you've just mentioned some of my all time ever favs :)

I wasn't burning my own games when the original Silent Hill was released, so I bought it from a local chap, 3 for a tenner, Silent Hill, Syphon Filter and I can't remember the 3rd, but it was the best tenner I ever spent buying games. :)

I was about 26 years old when Silent Hill was released, the wife and kids were downstairs and I sat alone upstairs in the darkened room. All I knew was that it was a Survival Horror, so I had to have it. Fooking hell, talk about a grown man being too scared to even move! I used to play certain sections then fook off downstairs to be in the light and amongst the living, it freaked the shit out of me, and I loved it. :)

I only bought a PS2 because Silent Hill 2 was released the same day :)

BTW, WB. :)

Fooking hell Rave, you've just mentioned some of my all time ever favs :)

I wasn't burning my own games when the original Silent Hill was released, so I bought it from a local chap, 3 for a tenner, Silent Hill, Syphon Filter and I can't remember the 3rd, but it was the best tenner I ever spent buying games. :)

I was about 26 years old when Silent Hill was released, the wife and kids were downstairs and I sat alone upstairs in the darkened room. All I knew was that it was a Survival Horror, so I had to have it. Fooking hell, talk about a grown man being too scared to even move! I used to play certain sections then fook off downstairs to be in the light and amongst the living, it freaked the shit out of me, and I loved it. :)

I only bought a PS2 because Silent Hill 2 was released the same day :)

BTW, WB. :)

Original silent hill gave me nightmares for a week mate. I can still see the nurse now mate. One of the scariest games ever! Syphon filter was awesome too, but went down hill quickly.

I know what you mean about Silent Hill, I remember being so far through the game in the darkside nearing the end of the game and then the game starts going on about these operations or some such on this little girl and I remember thinking at that point jesus I've never in my life played a game with a storyline this fucking dark and moody....and I was about 15 at the time....I'd borrowed the game from a schoolmate, he didn't get it back for ages lol - but - my favorite part about Silent Hill the original was the little things like you'd walk into a disgusting bathroom and nothing....you'd think you'd catch something out of the corner of your eye so you walk back in and suddenly you hear a plank of wood clattering to the floor and you're like 'sh!t wtf'....so then you walk back in a third time to investigate the noise or get the sound to repeat and then nothing again....just this eerie silence....so then you're really like 'wtf'.... And then the sequel on PS2 well the mannequin rapist is a legendary character but for me the real star of SH2 was the depth of the storyline and how multi faceted it was in how it dealt with topics such as guilt and suicide. And the music, man, there's this one theme that gets me every time and I think it's the one most associated to Silent Hill it's the one that gets played in a lot of trailers for them games I'm sure you'll know it.

And as for Syphon Filter I think the first two but especially the original was just all manner of awesome - like Silent Hill I'd completed them both (well SH I done the first 3 lol) and I thought Syphon Filter was the best 3rd person action game I'd ever played. In a sense it was 24 before Kiefer Sutherland got the call....but I was hooked because the gameplay and especially the missions were so good and so challenging like level 2 with the subway bombs. Same with the sequel too and that level where you have so long to deactivate all the bombs on a bridge before the air strike....awesome. But sadly much like SH I feel that Syphon Filter went downhill pretty quickly after the initial sequel.

But that doesn't stop the initial two games in both cases being two of the very best games I've ever played to this day outside of Uncharted, Goldeneye, Zelda and MGS. All of which would be on my personal Top 10 list of all time.

Cheers for the warm welcome back, you can tell I'm back anyway, a super long post completely off topic to the thread title lol! ;)

Last edited:
Aye remember that part well....the image that sticks out in my mind whenever i think Silent Hill is rusty wheelchair with a spinning wheel in the middle of a hallway.

Back