Is Ronaldo a cheat?

meggers

Inactive User
Reaction score
Most of the penalties he gets (or doesn't get) have a great air of suspicion hanging over them. He has a great knack of leaving his hind leg dangling thus ensuring it makes contact with a retreating defender.

fact is he is targetted by everyone. He is the best player on earth at present. He gets stick but it was a penalty that is a fact. He is too good.

fact is he is targetted by everyone. He is the best player on earth at present. He gets stick but it was a penalty that is a fact. He is too good.

well you would say that considering you must fancy him to hava a avatar of him.

i'm not denying he is a world class player with unbelieable skill,but the fact still remains that most of his penalties come from diving,he is a cheating little tw@t. he's got the skill so dont know why he keeps diving.

i never seen the match last nite as i was at work but the commentators on the radio reckoned it was NOT a pen.

Most of the penalties he gets (or doesn't get) have a great air of suspicion hanging over them. He has a great knack of leaving his hind leg dangling thus ensuring it makes contact with a retreating defender.

I don't support Man Utd but its getting ridiculous. Last night it was a clear penalty. It doesnt matter where he leaves his leg if you make contact with him and not the ball there a good chance its gonna be a penalty.

Lets get one thing straight. There is a difference between someone who dives and someone who is clever and "wins" a penalty. If he is contacted he goes down easily, yes, but then which footballers don't? Yeah name one who doesn't go down easily?

Every player i know who has a keeper diving at their feet leave a leg in and then tumble and Ronaldo is no different.

Don't know who you support but guaranteed you will have players who do the same.

cheating is a common thing in football now

name and shame them

nacho novo
stilian petrov
ronaldo
jarosik the 6'4 ballerina
drogba

the list could go on forever

There is a difference between someone who dives and someone who is clever and "wins" a penalty.

I agree with you Ice, there is a difference. Rodney Marsh is a prime example from the 70's. He has stated that if he knew there was a player/keeper near him, he used to trip over his own feet and had it down to such a fine art that he nearly always "Won" a penalty for his side.

I don't like to see players with the physical strength of Ronaldo, Henry & Drogba go down like a wet pair of tights, they look stupid when they do that?

The only way to stamp it out is to show a big screen replay for the ref to see. It's all fine us sitting at home watching it in slow motion 10 times, but put yourself in the refs position? It's a difficult job.

Mark Hughes said it took him about 3 seconds to look at a replay on a monitor and see that it wasn't a goal the other night. It would have took the ref the same amount of time to decide on the penalty last night?

Maybe video replays are the only way forward?

Last edited:
Yes, the 4th official can look at the replay and report back to the ref very quickly.

Maybe video replays are the only way forward?

I watch the NFL (American Football) and they have a rule which has now been introduced into some tennis competitions.

Basically you have a certain amount of "decision challenges" that you are allowed to use per game, say for instance 3. This means on 3 occasions you can query a decision and its checked on the TV. If the decision is over turned then you are happy however if you query a decision and it turns out your wrong then you are punished, maybe play restarts with the opposition getting the ball. . It literally takes 30 seconds to check and i think is a great rule.

However its only needed because fans and commentators continually have a go at referees.

For me it was a clear penilty , woodgate made contact and @ the speed ranbaldo goes @ he went down , if it had been any other player nothing would have been said , roll on united

For me it was a clear penilty , woodgate made contact and @ the speed ranbaldo goes @ he went down , if it had been any other player nothing would have been said , roll on united

well said biffo,half the time ronaldo go down easily to save his legs being crunched as most players try to take him down coz he is too fast to tackle easily

he is a fooking little cheat he is such a good player it spoils his abbility.

robert pires was also the best player on the planet at one point and he used to do the same for arsenal and i would never condone it !!!

im listening to you mancs and im cracking up you are so far up ronaldos arse you cant see the daylight pmsl

he is class anyone saying diff is a fool but he is also a diver of the highest order and is always looking for the easiest way to fall over and he is a very toned built player so it shows that he is not easy to knock off the ball but seems to fall over with any given chance.

hes not as bad as drogba though i have never seen anyone the size of drogba go over like they been shot from the stands lol

Last edited:

robert pires was also the best player on the planet at one point and he used to do the same for arsenal and i would never condone it !!!

im listening to you mancs and im cracking up you are so far up ronaldos arse you cant see the daylight pmsl

he is class anyone saying diff is a fool but he is also a diver of the highest order and is always looking for the easiest way to fall over and he is a very toned built player so it shows that he is not easy to knock off the ball but seems to fall over with any given chance.

hes not as bad as drogba though i have never seen anyone the size of drogba go over like they been shot from the stands lol

very true mickie,but you should know the mancs cant see past the red glasses covering their eyes lol.

and as u said for someone whos soo toned a little bit wind could blow him over in the box,lol

He does go down easily but then Heskey was the biggest bloke I have ever seen that a breath of wind would send him sprawling inside the penalty box.

PMSL the other day - we have a fantasy football league in work and the guy at the top is a Man utd fan - he hasn't got Rooney in his team but the guy fast catching him up has. He was watching the game the other day saying 'he should be sent off for that' just so he would get more points.

He had a point mind, how you can shove two people and not get a second yellow is a mystery to me!

i dont think rooney is such a diver (but he done it against arsenal with sol cambell) but he can do whatever he likes

i watched him swear at graham pole amybe 20 times like this

FÚCK OFF

YOU CÚNT

and nothing...... its nice when you have a player that refs are scared to do anything against not for us but for utd it must be fantatic im not sure if its because he is englands last hope (not that we have any lmao) and they dont want to upset him.

he wont get that kinda treatment on the continent as we have already seen but over here he can do what he likes ;)

im not bitching just saying it the way it is, would not mind if the gooners had a few like that

Ronaldo is a very skillful player, but will never be world class until he stops diving and cheating.
I found it very refreshing to see the Boro player go straight through him, pity a few more dont.

The fucking cheating bastard......................

Ronaldo's had a very good season this year, but its a shame to see him diving when he gets in the box.

It annoys the f@~k out of me and he certainly isnt the only player that does it, in fact I would say the majority of players in the premiership have fallen over at the slightest bit of contact when they are in the box, its just that ronaldo does it better.

The contact thing does me, they are playing football ffs, theres going to be 'contact' , the trouble is that with ronaldo's penaltys that the contact wouldnt have brought down a 5 year old girl, never mind a strong, fit 22 year old, but because there was the lightest touch they feel that redeems him.

saying all that though Ronaldo's the one player you should never turn your back on, especially if you leave your box open:)

Mickey ,how can you slag off ronaldo as emershite stadium is full of cheats and a blind manager . classic lol

Robert fookin pires was never even close to being best player on planet!!!!!!!!!
theres not a club, manager or fan who wouldnt sighn ronaldo tomorrow, given the chance.

Last edited:
i like ronaldo but yes most of his penaltys are by him cheating he is not as bad as drogba and that is coming from a a newcastle fan

Back