is my tuner goosed ???

notanotherone

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi again i have been through all this before with a lot of guys on this forum and the story so far

have flashed box =o.k
have put in service files=o.k
have put in bouquets= o.k
still wating for time so replace tuner which i thought was faulty and bang still the same waitng for time but when i run it through rf connections to t.v the picture that comes out it excellent??whats your theories this time?i have another box which arrived this morning did excactly as above pluged it in it came back waiting for time plugged in cable and picture and everything there everything brilliant on this one

cant find the bootlog and the faulty one ones thrown in the bin what now good ppl???i always assumed that if you get a good picture from it via rf then you could discount a faulty tuner? no /yes

ok tried this image Cryo Sportster Ultra image but it didnt work either but again when you connect via rf bbc1 bbc2 itv channel 4 channel 5 all great

Check all your cabling up to the box...if you have split the cable make sure all connections are tight! Also check your signal reading. Try an older sportster image...something around 1.5 or 1.6.

cheers m8 but i tried a very old one as well it just keeps getting more frustrating knowing one minute it worked fine then unplugged it to link it to downstairs tv then phuff dont wotk ????

May sound stupid but have you tried your own scan ?.
also what are your signal levels.

I can't believe your unlucky enough to buy 2 boxes and a tuner that are all fecked.

Something is being overlooked.

yep even tried my own scan it comes saying found 301 transponders and 199 channels but when i go and find them nothing there or it says waiting for time i cant win lol

The tuner is working - it is finding transponders and channels. So that means something else is wrong.... (this could go on forever lol)

yes you could be right this could be one for the record breakers lol am still gonna persevere with it you never know we may come upon an answer lol any way back to the drawing board

Liams new enigma image cured the same problem for me.

had a similar problem myself mate, i used zgore image with ifa and its been sweet ever since, can't promise it'll work for you but its worth a go

This information is for future reference:

The following images are known to cure boxes with apparent 'dead' tuners...
1. Old Boxcracker Head 3.5
2. Old zg0re (NOT new one by gav12345!)
3. EnigmaX (NOT revision 2.1)
4. Gav's nextgen 19.11.05 fixed EPG

All of the above images can be found in the downloads section.
Liam

Last edited by a moderator:
wow i know you were busy liam but this too much lol by the way this does not work on this box whatsoever i have tried everything and i mean nothing makes it work i even tried a very old sportster my next thing is i am checking the board out bit by bit going into every nook and cranny checking resistor you name it and believe it or not i think i have found a couple that need replaced but will keep you all informed : maggie :

IF your using the sagem Dbox, and the new nextgen image 11_12_05... I sorted this by turning the nokia hardware off, and enabling the Enx for sagem and philips, then trying different Ucodes, its worth a try.

What I was seeing was when the Dbox booted, i got that channel, but when i changed the channel i didnt get any. All i got was waiting for time message.

Remember to save ur setings as u go, and restart the Evocam.

Its worth a try.

BR
Phezo

Back