Is it worth getting freesat

xbc

DW Member +
Reaction score
I have been pondering whether to get the humax hd free sat
but just wondering it the cost worth it
I have a samsung 40" 1080P TV and when I had that installed I had a new digital aerial installed
which on occasions the picture breaks up but not a bad picture.

I have a dbox whcih I think gives me the best picture on the Tv
so would you say the spending out for the humax freesat and getting a mate to supply and installl the dish
(its his job) is worth it for the HD picture, I have got to convince the wife and would like your thoughts

no way will a dbox or freeview be as good as a HD box m8
personaly I would say get one just for the HD'channel4 and5 must have HD channels on freesat sometime soon :)

I posted some pictures in my

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1340698&postcount=4

also look at these a selection from ITVHD and LuxeTV

2703138723_44f0f7499b_b.jpg

2600213008_ef268d9aed_b.jpg

2568012359_d1e43b26b3_b.jpg

2713498966_fb4a94807a_b.jpg

Just look how real Jaws looks in HD lol

2549520316_6842838e32_b.jpg

if you can get a m8 to install the dish for you m8, youd be fookin crazy not to go for it. itll be the best £150 youve spent in a long time, especially if you enjoy watching a quality picture.

or, if youre not in a mad rush for it, and want a bit more time to talk the mrs into it, HD PVRs are due out the end of the year, imagine how happy the mrs would be with a box thatll record every eastenders she misses, on its own, then play them back whenever you want them in glorious HD, that is what you bought the HD telly for afterall, she knows she needs it, she just doesnt know she knows it yet

;)

Thanks Rat forthe info they are stunning pictures

no probs m8
tbh there is some cr@p on there but saying that theres cr@p on sky and cable lol
but the HD contend just makes it worth it
and surly all major broadcasters will use freesat for there HD broadcasts :)

@digidude i was thinking of a skyhd box but even if i dont subscribe to skyhd would i sill get like channel4 hd and itv hd with my standard sky+ sub?

youll get ch4HD but not ITVHD on a sky HD box

on a freesat box youll het ITVHD and in the coming future youll also get ch4HD

Krazylegz you need a dm800 :) that will get bbc-hd, itv-hd, ch4-hd and without subscription. Keep the sky+ for the mrs and sort yourself out with the better option.

Im also thinking of geting freesat...

Question is though, I used to have sky+ and still have my dish up with twin (might even be quad) LNB... and all wiring still in working order... its only just over a year old.

Can I plug and play with freesat using this... or will it (as i think it will) need adjusting for the right signal ?

If so, Im also geting a panasonic 1080p 42inch plasma but i can also get one with built in freesat HD for a few hundred £ more... or is it better to get one that isnt all in one so to speak and use a stand alone box ?

P.s. sorry to jump in on the thread mate, just seemed better than starting a new thread for relevent info :)

cheers all

the sky dish is poerfect for freesat m8, and being ex sky+ its also PVR ready ;)

i personally would go for a seperate receiver

P.s. sorry to jump in on the thread mate, just seemed better than starting a new thread for relevent info :)
cheers all
not sure if you missed it or not m8 but I did answer your question HERE :)

Back