is it time to switch off ?

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have always kept the computer on 24/7 but have recently had to replace the CPU

but the price of electric is set to rise here by 14% would i save much by switching everything off now at night ?

the reasion I left it on was it takes about 5 minutes to boot on

fecking problem is i use a bluetooth keyboard cant get into bios as the bluetooth does not enable till full start up i need to get an old keyboard

oh and another thing is it f 12 for the bios ?

i've found this socket thing, got it from e-on ages ago

u plug ur pc into the top socket then you can run extensions from teh 2 sockets on the sides

once you've switched your pc off the powers the peripherals for 5 seconds then switches them off, its great mabye you should look out for that mate so once you switch your pc off everything turns off and once you switch it on everything turns on ;) then you may nothice a difference in your electric bill

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Mine hangs, well it seems msn is the problem.. takes ages sometimes to boot up..

I have that running.. we have a lamp in the kitchen which was on but now is on timer till 1am.. so i doing my bit :)

going to look at other things to turn off..

Tip for everyone though from monday the "capped electricity till 200*" is being stopped from monday..

So if you dont want your prices to go up.. get it before monday :)

i've found this socket thing, got it from e-on ages ago

u plug ur pc into the top socket then you can run extensions from teh 2 sockets on the sides

once you've switched your pc off the powers the peripherals for 5 seconds then switches them off, its great mabye you should look out for that mate so once you switch your pc off everything turns off and once you switch it on everything turns on ;) then you may nothice a difference in your electric bill

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Got a link for one of them mate?

Never turn my rig off, it's on 24/7, I just turn the TFT off when I'm not at it. The laptop usually gets turned off though, or put into standby if I know I'm going to use it again later on. It is however always plugged into the mains and turned on, because the battery life is shite on it.

bigman.. I would suggest you to do a BIOS upgrade.. what motherboard do you have ???

its easy and simple.. give us the model number of your motherboard and the version currently on it.. and I will get it sorted for you mate..

Got a link for one of them mate?

Never turn my rig off, it's on 24/7, I just turn the TFT off when I'm not at it. The laptop usually gets turned off though, or put into standby if I know I'm going to use it again later on. It is however always plugged into the mains and turned on, because the battery life is shite on it.

sorry mate, it was ages when they were giving out free light bulbs or summit?

i'll go and have a look for a link or summit mate, cause it is great!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back