iPhone is it safe to delete

seanicca

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
as title, is it safe to delete the crap pre installed ringtones from my iphone4 and then replace them with my own? i,ve done a few using iringer just wanted to know about getting rid of the standard ones

yeah its safe to delete mate, just keep a copy of them on your computer, and also im sure you need to rename your new ringtones to the same as the default 1's, not 100% but i did read something about it!

yeah its safe to delete mate, just keep a copy of them on your computer, and also im sure you need to rename your new ringtones to the same as the default 1's, not 100% but i did read something about it!

cheers m8 will keep a copy, using iringer I just added the file to ringtone folder and all seems OK upto now but if i notice anything I'll try renaming

just looked into message ringtones and you need to rename them, all ok just remember which number 1-6 you used

Last edited:
Am pretty sure its only message tones that you need to rename, as you need to add them vis WinSCP rather than just adding them in itunes or something.

cheers m8 will keep a copy, using iringer I just added the file to ringtone folder and all seems OK upto now but if i notice anything I'll try renaming

just looked into message ringtones and you need to rename them, all ok just remember which number 1-6 you used
aye mate thats the 1, lol, aslong as ya sorted it! knew ya had to rename something to do with them!

a few voice themes that let u know that u have an email, missed call, text message can be found on cydia , Alex Voice, cystal Vista voice cystal robotic voice.

a few voice themes that let u know that u have an email, missed call, text message can be found on cydia , Alex Voice, cystal Vista voice cystal robotic voice.

Cheers m8, I'll have a look at that done my ringtone and messages so might as well go all the way and do the rest

Just delete. No need to keep a copy. Pop new ones in var stash ringtones and jobs a goodun. No need to name them like the originals.

Back