is it illegal to sell/ebay dbox2?

Colin

Inactive User
Reaction score
If not how would someone wipe the image to ensure someone only needs to put an image back on when purchased?

If not how would someone wipe the image to ensure someone only needs to put an image back on when purchased?

I'm sure I recall a little while ago they were removing them ? dont know if they still are.

I'm sure this was without images on as well.... just factory how they come.

it's all about how you word it. i got mine removed because i mentioned "can be used to receive UK cable channels" and they said i was promoting piracy.

just give the basic details, what it is - if people are looking for them, they know what they can do.

Slightly OT - but Dreambox 500S's are apparently also being removed from ebay. I bought one via buy-it-now only to have the listing completely disappear (which can only be done by ebay).

Not sure on the grounds of this - but maybe something to do with the fact they are clones

Slightly OT - but Dreambox 500S's are apparently also being removed from ebay. I bought one via buy-it-now only to have the listing completely disappear (which can only be done by ebay).

Not sure on the grounds of this - but maybe something to do with the fact they are clones

Would imagine DMM posting takedown notices to ebay even though they dont make them anymore. Imagine its the same for originals as ebay could never verify a legitimate box (and DMM would get no cash from a second hand box)

ebay are being clever protecting themselves against any action by the makers of these boxes ect and on other hand getting payed by seller there comission

so keeping both parties happy

I had a Dm500c removed by ebay it was completey standard with a FTA image, ebay emailed me saying the aution "violates the intellectual property of Dream Multimedia"...
In other words Dream Multimedia must be issuing take down orders to ebay to removed any Dreambox listings...

I had a Dm500c removed by ebay it was completey standard with a FTA image, ebay emailed me saying the aution "violates the intellectual property of Dream Multimedia"...
In other words Dream Multimedia must be issuing take down orders to ebay to removed any Dreambox listings...
but surely at the same time it violites your right as a consumer to ourchase a product and sell it on at a later date..

i mean who would buy a car if they couldnt sell it on when they wanted to upgrade cause its violayets propertie rights of the company

they are assuming all items are counterfit (dm500c's) but including ALL Dream Media products even the older stuff (dbox2's)

good job ebay dont have that olicy with the majority of their listsings

else 80% of the products ion there would be pulled

I've just had a listing removed for a second hand dm500c. I put it on because 3 were sold last week and there are some on sale now. They said they took it off because it was reported by the upc. They said if I keep breaking the rules they'll suspend my account.

I've just had a listing removed for a second hand dm500c. I put it on because 3 were sold last week and there are some on sale now. They said they took it off because it was reported by the upc. They said if I keep breaking the rules they'll suspend my account.

have a look at the date on post m8 lol

Back