Is It Better To Live Fast And Die Young?...........

TheDogsNutts

Member +
Reaction score
What with George sadly dying today it prompted me to think.

Would most DWer's rather live (if they could) a life of wine, women and song. I.e Really, really enjoy yourself while you young fit and able or would you prfer to live in moderation but go onto to be an old gipper who wets the beds and needs constant nursing when your 90+.

I kinda think George had the right idea - you are only here once so you may as well enjoy yourself. But the big downside is missing the kids grow up etc.

As Tommy Cooper said I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my dad, not like his airline passengers who went down screaming.

The-Dogs-nutts.............. ...

As George Best himself said:

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

True Story

George Best legend.
got me my first older woman.
was about 11-12 and was up in Perth visiting my mums side of the family got out the car wearing a jacket Georgie boy was advertising in a catalogue and a group of locals girls noticed the jacket and asked if it was the same one as George Best wore said yes impressed the hell out of them and managed to get off with a 15 year old for the 2 weeks I was there so it's his fault I'm the way I am what a guy.... :Cheers:

I think the main thing is to live your life as yourself: not trying to be like or envying the lifestyle of someone else.

Whether that means in the fast lane or more sedately doesn't matter.

Back