"Is everything ok with your meal Sir?"

nara

Who?
VIP Member
Reaction score
Look, if there's anything wrong with my meal, I'll soon let you know, but don't come harrassing me every five minutes asking me the same bloody question! Let us eat in peace FFS! :Angryfire

(We've all been there I'm sure)

Lol at you ya cranky old git :banana: But i know what you mean. Another one that gets me is "enjoy your meal guys" Fook off does my wife look like a guy ffs

And also, "Do you think, if there was anything wrong with the meal, I'd let you take it away and apply chef's special sauce?" :sick:

That's good service nara you miserable sod :)

That's good service nara you miserable sod :)

No it's not. It's a modern fad that's been getting worse over the last few years. It's as meaningless as "Have a nice day." :Kickassro:Kickassro:Kickassro

(What's so wrong about being a miserable sod anyway?)

Look, if there's anything wrong with my meal, I'll soon let you know, but don't come harrassing me every five minutes asking me the same bloody question! Let us eat in peace FFS! :Angryfire

I fully agree especially when you're sitting in your living room watching the football

When I left school in 1970 my first job was as a commis waiter in an al a carte restaurant, we would not dream of asking that until the diner had finished eating and laid their knife and fork side by side on the plate (used to be dining etiqette to do this) a diner should be left alone to enjoy their meal in peace. Oh how American we've become.
I agree with this rant

i'm not racist but where they foreigners ? ;)

Whats a brewby?

It's something you dunk your biscuitby in m8 ;)

I also totally agree with you nara and brewby.

Another pointless question I get asked (though not in a reataurant) is "have you had any accidents in the last 3 years?"
If I had, god forbid, would I honestly track down the first scroat in a cheap fleece on the town precinct for legal advice regarding compensation??
I think not.

Curly

I fully agree especially when you're sitting in your living room watching the football

pmsl.........Am I the only one found that post funny....:Clap:

@nara...yes it is annoying. A lot of them are told to enquire as it may prompt you to order another drink from the bar so get them to get you something that doesnt cost anything, like a napkin or ice for your drink or a straw..even though you have no need for it.

ive been in the catering game all my working life . and nara . if they dont ask mot people dont complain they are doing ther jobs m8 . you dont like it eat in mcdonalds . good service good manners cost nothing . next time you want to have a go at them remember they are only doing as they are told .

ive been in the catering game all my working life . and nara . if they dont ask mot people dont complain they are doing ther jobs m8 . you dont like it eat in mcdonalds . good service good manners cost nothing . next time you want to have a go at them remember they are only doing as they are told .

That's just my point! It isn't good service! Good service is something that you appreciate and makes the experience pleasant. This is a modern trend that was mildy irritating when it only happened once during a meal, but now it's becoming more persistent. As brewby pointed out, it's fine to be asked whether you enjoyed your meal after you've finished.

I fully understand that the staff are just doing what they're told to do, and I would never be anything other than polite to them. It's the principle of it that annoys me.

As I'm in ranting mood..........another thing that annoys me. I'm perfectly capable of filling a wine glass myself. I don't want somebody hovering round ready to pounce every few minutes and top-up glasses that are only half-empty.

It's almost impossible to have a quiet meal and conversation nowadays without constant interruptions.

We went to the local Chinese all you can eat place and you get it every 5 mins there. feel like saying m8 i'm on my 5th plate what the feek do u think lol

As I'm in ranting mood..........another thing that annoys me. I'm perfectly capable of filling a wine glass myself. I don't want somebody hovering round ready to pounce every few minutes and top-up glasses that are only half-empty.

It's almost impossible to have a quiet meal and conversation nowadays without constant interruptions.

There is nothing wrong with being miserable LOL, its quite fashionable once you get older.

I think the problem is that you glass is half empty and not half full :)

I don't like it either.

I'm sitting there munching on my meal and some twat pops up and asks me a question just as I've shovelled a huge piece of steak into my mouth, I then nearly choke myself trying to clear my mouth in order to reply.

Bastards. Leave me alone.

if someone comes upto you asking "is everythink alright" ur going to start thinking that somethink is wrong with your meal.
And usually there right so i have to send the wife back into the kichen to get me my beer lol

I actually think its a really good thing... Cos people only usually ask me that when I look at them :) and I only look at them because I want something, like a drink refill, napkin, etc.

I think its polite really because it would be more annoying if they were just staring at you and only came over when you spilt ketchup down your top or something and asked if you needed a napkin...

Its just really a nicer way of saying would you like anything else... :)

Last edited:
Back