Sensible Topic Is 14 weeks enough

IANB

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Should that idiot who ran onto Birmingham pitch and punched the Villa player have received a stiffer sentence . Personally i would have liked to have seen him get a couple of years. Its only a matter of time before a player gets badly hurt or worse :(

I thought they were very swift in dealing with him, maybe because it was caught on tv coverage. There have been people done far worse and got far less of a sentence, but maybe this guy has previous.

On a side note I don't thing this guy got time and made better contact in My opinion.

Yes i seen that HibbyDave. He will get a slap on the wrist as our Judicial system is even more f ucked up lol

How many single punch unprovoked attacks with no real injuries involved would end up with a 14 week Jail term ? Id say none !

The 14 weeks were given as this happened in a public arena . Maybe because of the above it was all the Jude could or was prepared to give.

Personally i agree with Hibbydave 6 months and lifetime ban. Im sure he will be banned for life but will sneak back in.

As for Birmingham how can they be responsible for this ? They shouldn't get a points deduction and at worst maybe a couple of game behind closed doors.

Will he learn from it, I doubt it. I thought 14 weeks was a bit lenient. Punches you don’t see coming do the worst damage, especially from behind and to the back and side of the head. Also ban him from every pub in Britain. Difficult to police but still give him the ban.

people get kicked the f**k out of them on the streets with cctv footage, and the perpetrator gets and away with it, should bring the birch back a few strokes of that will make em change the mind about doing it again, too soft the system we have ;)

What he did was punch someone on the pitch , totally wrong and for me the punishment is enough. Jail 14 weeks, life ban from all grounds is punishment enough. For the people who say "He could have had a knife !" well he didn't, he punched him that's hypothetical.
couldn't of should of would of .

How many other people do you know been jailed for punching ( more a love slap tbh he missed) and the guys not hurt get jailed for 14 weeks ?. Next you'll get 4 weeks for farting at a corner. There's no point punishing the club how will that deter the offender, simply ban them for life. You gotta be careful, what about fans spilling onto the pitch say at the corner flag. Next you will be jailing about 20-30 at a time for running on grass (non smokable type)
I think Gary Neville mentioned something about hanging, be-heading or stoning in the market square before their next home game then expelling his family to Syria.
That's the problem these days, punishment to fit the crime. When a 15 year old joyrider gets caught doing 70mph through an estate he gets a tag and a "Don't do that again" and back home for breaky.
It says it all when you can get a bigger sentence for stealing Sky tv than been done for manslaughter

(cough) I've heard

Back