Ireland Maps

Lucy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to detailled maps for cities in Ireland. I am especially interested in Galway, Dublin, Cork and Limerick. Need info on streets not just main routes in and out of city. Thanks.

There are lots of free maps available from tourist offices and shops when you get there.Being a Dubliner I can assure you will have a good time in Ireland!
Slainte,
barm

Thanks barm....but I'm one of those technological types who likes to have everything in the PDA/phone...calendar, ToDo list, contacts, maps. websites, emails etc...

I dont wanna carry paper maps about...prefer to have it on the phone and tomtom 'guided'. I live in Belfast....am in South fairly often. Have made some great friends in galway!!

There are plenty of free maps in tourist offices and shops/hotels etc. when you get here. They have all the tourist attractions on them Guinness Storehouse etc.
Slainte,
barm

Sorry for repeat message,it wasn't there until I refreshed webpage.
Can't help you on the technological stuff.
Sorry
barm

Go for one of the Sat Nav systems that used NavTeq maps. They are the only ones with decentish coverage of Ireland and rural Ireland. Garmin and Route 66 use these maps as do many others. Unfortunately Tom Tom use TeleAtlas maps and the Irish coverage is poor to date.

Thanks meggers...I'll look around for NavTek maps and hardware. Dont suppose you know if those maps are available separately on Mini SD card for Nokia E61 handsets??

Lucy,

I believe they are available for the E61 and other Symbian phones. Check out the Route 66 site at http://www.route66nokia.co.uk/ or look on the Garmin site to see if your phone is fully supported.

Happy trekking.

..had a look. Route66 loooks like the ticket. Doesnt mention E61, but says it supports series 60 handsets ver 2 and 3. As far as I know, the E61 is a symbian series 3 handset.

Back