Iraq

charlie senator

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought you might like this!

Regardless of where you stand on the issue of the U.S. involvement in Iraq, here's a sobering statistic:
There has been a monthly average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theatre of operations during the last 22 months, and a total of 2,112 deaths. That gives a monthly firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.

The monthly firearm death rate in Washington D.C. was 80.6 per 100,000 persons for the same period.
That means that you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed in the U.S. Capital than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: The U.S. should pull out of Washington

I have thought about this before. The casualty figures seem huge but it's all relative. I think 25,000 people a year die in murders in the US - mostly shootings.

i dont find it funny nor an interesting statistic, its a disgrace. The point i see from this is that they cant even control their own country so what hope have they got of controlling a region that has pure hatred of them with very different culture & beliefs? The answer is obviously- No Hope Whatsoever, it has never been about taking control but more about world domination. They should never have been there, they should withdraw, they should go sort their own cities and mind their own business. This statistic does not include the many many hundreds of thousands of deaths of non-americans in iraq, so does that mean they dont matter?
F&(kin crap statistic i think. Perhaps it would be better to work out how many of the '80 per 100,000' in washington were american / how many were foriegn then maybe that would a funny statistic hahaha
:(

Yeah your right "helmet" we should all have sat back and let Saddam commit mass murder and invade neighbouring countries.

so bush's mass murder is fine? This was not about saddam and mass murder, this was an act of war against the united nations decision! This was not about weapons of mass destruction, this was about bush dominating the world fullstop. The same applies with every country they have invaded and every country they continue to threat to invade, you are blind fagan.

Back