Other IPTV and homeplugs freezing problem

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I am trying to run IPTV via homeplugs (500mbps) but I keep getting the IPTV repeating itself like on rewind and regular freezing. I've tried fire 4k and smart IPTV both wired to the homeplugs but it keeps doing it. I thought it might be the server so I tried 2 more test and both did the same.

Is there a remedy for this without putting a RJ45 all the way through my house and up the stairs ? , I would have done but it's literally a mare and the missus will not wear anymore wires clinging to skirting boards.

Hello mate,

Have you tried connecting your laptop at the home plug that your tv is connected to and done a speed test through the Ethernet cable to make sure that's ok ?
Also do the speed test at the router with Ethernet to check your not losing any speed.
I've got mine running through smartiptv and homeplug and all good.

I get this issue the odd time and i am directly connected to my router.

it is buffering or something on the server side i assume

Nothing to do with the powerline adapters it's the server sounds like a free line or crappy reseller using over subscribed servers.

I say this because I have wired ethernet going to my Samsung TV, fire tv and had same issue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have the same problem tried 1000mbs netgear and 500mbs TP Link, really slow , and yet when i go direct from the switch or Superhub it flys, and works flawlessly, ive gone into the settings of the super hub ,im pulling my hair out as i have changed them over and over and i get the same problem no matter what

There litterally is no setting which will help if this keeps happening then there might be interference from your internal wiring. Iv never had issues with power lines adapters.

I am trying to run IPTV via homeplugs (500mbps) but I keep getting the IPTV repeating itself like on rewind and regular freezing. I've tried fire 4k and smart IPTV both wired to the homeplugs but it keeps doing it. I thought it might be the server so I tried 2 more test and both did the same.

Is there a remedy for this without putting a RJ45 all the way through my house and up the stairs ? , I would have done but it's literally a mare and the missus will not wear anymore wires clinging to skirting boards.

They do make External type CAT5/6/7 Ethernet Cabling

Minimising the distance and plugging into the wall instead of using adapters or extensions can help with the connection.

I would try another pair of adapters if possible. I know some work upto 300m.

Im assuming they are connected directly to the wall socket? Some older models have to work be on same electrical ring to work properly I think...

Back