iPrep help

MONKey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Having a play with a BenQ drive here and apparently my chipset is supported:

But the fooker won't do anything :( (I don't think iPrep likes me lol)

If I boot iPrep off USB without 360 powered on I get nothing at all. But if I boot iPrep with 360 turned on, then turn it off before pressing 'Y' it kind of see's the drive.

But it just keeps alternationg very quickly between 0x51 & 0xD1 when the drive is switched on. WHen switched off nothing, tuen back on and alternates again.

Anyone any ideas what I can try?

Here's the contents of the dBen file if that's any help, I've highlighted the line that may be of interest ;)

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Just because its showing as dosflash compatable, it doesnt mean you dont need to install a switch.

Id advise against this if you are no 100% confident.

Im sure its 0x73 you want to see for 'good drive status'

Just because its showing as dosflash compatable, it doesnt mean you dont need to install a switch.

Id advise against this if you are no 100% confident.

If that is the cut tracks method as I'm not going down that route?

Know of a few drives that have open tray issue after being done that way..... Including my last drive.

:)

Yup thats the one.......Ill dig out the known supported chipsets list

Yup thats the one.......Ill dig out the known supported chipsets list

I'll give that one a miss then ;) Not worth the risk of the 'Open Tray' error.

Why does it say supported then if you need to install a switch? I thought the whole idea of the switch was to overcome the un-supported chipsets?

Yours appears to be ICH8 - ICH 8 was never reported as working, but advised to try.

**Just read your post**

Because dosflash supports that chipset - just not soft unlock, its still 1.4beta ;)

Yours appears to be ICH8 - ICH 8 was never reported as working, but advised to try.

**Just read your post**

Because dosflash supports that chipset - just not soft unlock, its still 1.4beta ;)

Surely I am not the first person to try ICH8? lol

No, but as there has not been a 1.5 beta / 1.4 final released the release notes are still the same.

Iriez said - x chipset and y chipset recorded as working, others 'try' and see.

I dont know if ICH8 works ever using it without a switch, I have a via 6421L card so dont look into other chipsets much.

Do you think it's possible support could be added for my chipset then? (Like the editing of MTKflash)

Or is it a case of if it doesn't work it never will?

It may be released in future updates, you like myself will never 'add support' for certain chipsets.

Back