iPod Ipod Touch Problem

Sumphucker

Member ++
Reaction score
Ok I have blackra1n on my touch 3.1.2 3g 64gb device. I was sick of having to use blackra1n everytime I made some sort of update so I opted to use Spirit. Problem is that the touch now only shows the iTunes cable logo at boot. I've tried running blackra1n again but when it reboots blackra1n comes up with an unexpected error on windows and I have to close it down and it just goes into a loop everytime I try running blackra1n. I did try a firmware restore thru iTunes that I downloaded myself as I didn't want to update to version 3.1.3 but it said at the end that the device couldn't be restored and now iTunes doesn't recognise it. Any help much appreciated.

Sump

Ok quick update. I downloaded snowbreeze and tried running F/W 3.1.2 but it said it required v4, so I downloaded that and it ran ok. I decided at the options screen to create a custom IPSW which it created ok. Obviously I cannot get iTunes to offer the restore option so I used my daughters laptop and it's offering the restore option after installing iTunes but what I now need to know is should I use the custom F/W that snowbreeze created or let iTunes restore and update to 3.1.3?

Sump

Ok quick update. I downloaded snowbreeze and tried running F/W 3.1.2 but it said it required v4, so I downloaded that and it ran ok. I decided at the options screen to create a custom IPSW which it created ok. Obviously I cannot get iTunes to offer the restore option so I used my daughters laptop and it's offering the restore option after installing iTunes but what I now need to know is should I use the custom F/W that snowbreeze created or let iTunes restore and update to 3.1.3?

Sump

If you restore its going to set it to 4.0.1.

Why did you have to use blackra1n everytime an update happened?

If you have to upgrade to 4.0.1 then you can downgrade back to 3.1.2 if you wish.

If you restore its going to set it to 4.0.1.

Why did you have to use blackra1n everytime an update happened?

Blackra1n is a tethered Jailbreak so when/if/ reboot the ipod you must run blackra1n again, hence the reason I wanted to go to Spirit which is untethered so doesn't require you to re-run it everytime you either reboot or if the battery goes flat

Ok the custom FW I made with snowbreeze and the manual restore using iTunes didn't work, comes up with an error which I believe has to do with Apple verifying the restore. I had to use iTunes itself to do the restore and update to v3.1.3 but at least it's back up and running. :banana:

Blackra1n is a tethered Jailbreak so when/if/ reboot the ipod you must run blackra1n again, hence the reason I wanted to go to Spirit which is untethered so doesn't require you to re-run it everytime you either reboot or if the battery goes flat

You obviously had the new boot rom or something? You never mentioned that in OP.

Back