iPod ipod touch help plse

Jade

I WANT I WANT I WANT
Reaction score
i brought an ipod touch 16gb today from an auction before anyone trys to help me ive got nowt to offer in return for your help i av to say this as some people on here just like to slag me off.so thanks if your reading on

the ipod is 16gb
when trying to turn it on all i get is an apple sign then it seems to turn itself off
ive tryed to restore in itunes but it says its eligible device

ive tryed holding the top button and the one in the middle i get the usb wire showing going to itunes but after a bit it swithes off the ive got to do it again

hope somone can help me

May be a silly question, but have you tried charging it? Sounds like the battery is dead or something.

When you say you tried to restore it, what fw were you trying to restore to? As it may be higher than has ever been on the touch itself. Bit more info needed Jade please.

thanks for the quick reply

i will charge it night all night

as for the other question iam not well up on these all i no is when i connect to itunes it say the ipod is in restore mode

i dont even get the battery light and if the battery was dead wouldnt it show that

May be a silly question, but have you tried charging it? Sounds like the battery is dead or something.

When you say you tried to restore it, what fw were you trying to restore to? As it may be higher than has ever been on the touch itself. Bit more info needed Jade please.

My cousin had a similar problem if I remember correctly, I'm not 100% though because I'm not at all familiar with Apple products nor have I ever had the need or want to own an ipod, nonetheless my cousin had this problem or something very similar, and I fixed it for him if I remember correctly by putting new firmware os thingy on his ipod then his itunes stuff worked or whatever it was but up until that point I'm sure he had the same issue with the Apple logo blinking and the ipod switching off....sounds to me like firmware corruption or something....

thanks for the quick reply

i will charge it night all night

as for the other question iam not well up on these all i no is when i connect to itunes it say the ipod is in restore mode

i dont even get the battery light and if the battery was dead wouldnt it show that

If its in recovery mode, then it has some sort of charge. Are you trying to activate it or actually trying to restore it? What fw is it trying to restore too, or are you trying to manually restore it to a certain fw?

can you remember haw you did it i will try anything as iam not getting anywere at the moment

Are you talking to me ?

I can't tell you exactly what I did, because honestly I was flying by the seat of my pants at the time with it, but I got the job done pretty quickly. Google helped. Especially if you know about your own product and what firmware you do have. Then just download an updated or same one from google or whatever and usb it to your Ipod and switch on it should work....but don't take my word for it make sure you type in your problem and read up though don't just go steaming in because you might nack it totally. Patience is a virtue.

does manually means what sorry if i sound thick

what i do is load itunes when doing that it says itunes has detected an ipod in recovery mode.you must restore it before it will work in itunes so i press ok

them restore you carnt click the update one

its showing the ipod in the devices

were it says ipod name ipod
capacity n/a
software version n/a
serial number n/a

press restore it says are you sure you want to restore and update
then press restore and update
extracting software
verifying ipod restore with apple
the ipod ipod couldnt be restored.this device isnt eligible for the requested build

hope this helps

does manually means what sorry if i sound thick

what i do is load itunes when doing that it says itunes has detected an ipod in recovery mode.you must restore it before it will work in itunes so i press ok

them restore you carnt click the update one

its showing the ipod in the devices

were it says ipod name ipod
capacity n/a
software version n/a
serial number n/a

press restore it says are you sure you want to restore and update
then press restore and update
extracting software
verifying ipod restore with apple
the ipod ipod couldnt be restored.this device isnt eligible for the requested build

hope this helps

Yeah its in recovery mode mate. Ok, do you know what version it is? 2g/3g? You can download the fw manually, and hold down shift then click restore and pick a fw to restore it too. Although if your going through itunes it should update it to the latest fw unless you have changed something to stop it asking for apple to sign it.

whats the shift m8
is that on my pc so do i hold the power home button and shift

Shift is on the keyboard, you just hold that then click restore, it will ask you got then load an ispw.

whats one ov then sorry iam thick

just to say A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE who help me sort out my ipod its fixed the way i did it is

opened itunes
put ipod into restore mode by pressing the top and bottom button
then pressed SHIFT on my pc then pressed restore
a box open then i downloaded ipod2 1_4.0_8a293_restore software off the net i carnt remember were i found it
then it went though it motions and bingo it work

SO THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP CHEERS:banana::Clap::Clap::banana::Clap:

just to say A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE who help me sort out my ipod its fixed the way i did it is

opened itunes
put ipod into restore mode by pressing the top and bottom button
then pressed SHIFT on my pc then pressed restore
a box open then i downloaded ipod2 1_4.0_8a293_restore software off the net i carnt remember were i found it
then it went though it motions and bingo it work

SO THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP CHEERS:banana::Clap::Clap::banana::Clap:

Good man, Janobi would have stayed all day to help you out if needed.

Now Jade...you need to jailbreak it to get the best out of it...:proud:

why what will that do what it dosnt already do if you dont mind me asking cheers

why what will that do what it dosnt already do if you dont mind me asking cheers

Well for a start, you can get all the apps for free, you can get different themes, basically do a hell of a lot more with it.

Of course we don't mind you asking, otherwise what use would a technical forum be for. We all have things to learn.

were do i get the apps from then is there a site

ive read up and i think i can do that ive ot black rain on my pc is that all i need

were do i get the apps from then is there a site

ive read up and i think i can do that ive ot black rain on my pc is that all i need

Have a look at the matrix below, you can probably use the site jailbreakme from the ipod (when connected to internet). But the matrix will tell you anyway. If not jailbreak me then you can proably use spirit to jail break it

iPhone & iTouch Jailbreak / Unlock Matrix | jailbreakmatrix.com

thanks for your help will try tomorrow

Back