ipod touch firmware

karym6

DW Regular
Reaction score
Is there anyone here with an ipod touch? I got the new firmware for it today through itunes. I must say it is very good - apparently it is the same set of updates for the iphone as well.

Now, I can get music on my ipod through itunes - no pc needed. And when I connect it to my pc, itunes syncs it onto my hdd.

There is also a very cool remote app from the app store that lets you control itunes from your ipod/iphone.

On the whole, I am very impressed - so much so that I have rekindled my desire to get a new iphone. So, on the 18th (when new stock comes in) I should be the proud owner of a new 16gb iphone :)

i updated my ipod touch it is good i had the 2.0 firmware on my new 3g iphone!

only downside was i had to pay 5.99 for the update arghhhh lol

I thought I did too, but when I checked my transactions I dont see the money being taken off. Nor do I have a receipt.

the only problem with the new 2.0 sw is that you lose the installer app and you cant load third party apps on the iphone/itouch, which is a bit of a bummer as there are loads of great third party apps out there.

you may loose the installer app if you did the jail break (I did but lost it in an update months ago).

Now you get the app store which is way better than the third party stuff.

Back