iPOD problem

aftermath

Inactive User
Reaction score
iPOD 20gb special edition U2

thought i was doing a favour for a mate, when he asked if i could look at his iPOD.

he wanted it put to its default settings, and remove all the songs on it as he bought it 2nd hand.

i tried through iTunes but kept getting an error ( 1448 ) or ( 1844 ),

so i decided to use windows to format it.

now when i plug it in any other PC, it dont get recognised as a USB device or iPOD.

can anyone help me get this back running , or have i bricked it by formating it ?

Thanks in advance.

I can't remember a solution, so sorry i'm no help in that front, but once I formatted it, and it couldn't even be recognised by anything.

But I managed to get it working again. iTunes eventually recognised it, and it restored.

So don't give up. Sorry there's not specific instructions for help, but just telling you that you're not completely screwed. Just keep trying.

Right here is the latest.

ive read through all the apple help pages and suggestions e.t.c. , tried the apple troubleshooter guide.

Still no luck.

when i plug iPOD in. itunes starts up and a message says my iPod is currupt and needs to be re formated/reset.

see here.

ipod1.jpg

so i click on Restore as thats the only option available.

this is what i get.

ipod.jpg

updating starts then after about 3 mins i am getting this.

ipod2.jpg

i have read up on google about the error 1418 and tried numerous suggestiones.

Is there any other software i can use to get it back working again. ?

Last edited:
Update Chaps.

I fooked on all day, decided to put an old iTunes on PC, still no luck, then managed to find a windows iPod installer , installed that, still no good, then put on The latest iTunes once again.
Tried a few different USB ports, then it seemed to update.

Now i need the Mains lead as the USB connection isnt powerfull enough to charge it properllly, so looks like its sorted now.

Many Thanks go to Napster, Shaun127, Bro, Little_Pob. Especially Napster who spent 2 days with me trying to get this fooker sorted.

Thanks very much chaps

Back