iPlayer

porche944

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does any one know how to set up the DBOX to watch BB* iPlayer? PT had a link here before the Forum was updated.

Thanks.

now that would be very good indeed!!!

just a quick q to see if this is possible,
didn't think it would be but if anyone knows any different please let me in on the secret lol

Agreed, access to iPlayer via dBox would be a wonderful feature! To the best of my knowledge, this is still being worked on.

It's not gonna be possible via the VM platform (although I get it fine on my subbed sammy 2110c) coz it's on NVOD, which relies on the red button / talkback. dbox2 doesn't do talkback, so that's a no-no...

But for a dbox2 that's permantly hooked-up to the net- it's feasible, in theory at least. Last I heard was that Auntie is encoding and encrypting as fast as she can, to stop access via the net route. So be patient, I'm sure it will arrive in some form.

TBH, I wouldn't mind paying a fiver a month to the beeb for a web portal for this stuff. And when it's hacked, I could cancel, LOL!

Cheers- AL

I am the bringer of good news on this topic...

Although I'm newish to DW (I dont stick about much because of the post count thingy), but am pretty clued up on the ways of the DBox.
AL knows of me at least! ;)

BB* iPl@yer has been running in conjuction with my Dbox and the internet for months! ;)

Further interesting reading from PT-1 is available on other forums.

FreddyFr0g has been involved in it and I can confirm it works!!

Seeing as DW has been 'updated' since...

Info on how = unlocker-forums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=72507

Last edited:
So, have you got it working then? Seems to me that you are just trolling.

I am the bringer of good news on this topic...

Although I'm newish to DW (I dont stick about much because of the post count thingy), but am pretty clued up on the ways of the DBox.
AL knows of me at least! ;)

BB* iPl@yer has been running in conjuction with my Dbox and the internet for months! ;)

Further interesting reading from PT-1 is available on other forums.

FreddyFr0g has been involved in it and I can confirm it works!!

Seeing as DW has been 'updated' since...

Info on how = unlocker-forums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=72507

Umm, awaiting to be accepted to that site - maybe you can grab a screen shot to show us it working?

Back