iPlayer for XBMC

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
If case you have not heard, somebody has kindly ported a XBMC script for BBC iPlayer. I have not had a chance to try it yet but by all accounts it works great.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayer/

If anybody gets it working can they please post instructions here.

If case you have not heard, somebody has kindly ported a XBMC script for BBC iPlayer. I have not had a chance to try it yet but by all accounts it works great.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayer/

If anybody gets it working can they please post instructions here.

Copy the .py file to the scripts folder in XBMC and launch it from the scripts option on the XBMC menu

Thanks, that works OK. I guess it does not support streaming but download and playback work OK.

i am really intrested in this i have a xbox which was modded last year but for the price of the games now i didnt know why i bothered. however could someone point me in the right direction into how i explore my xbox and place files in certain directorys etc. havnt a clue. maybe a link to a thread would do also is there anything else these boxes are worth having for apart from the obvious dload games and dbox thing.

i am really intrested in this i have a xbox which was modded last year but for the price of the games now i didnt know why i bothered. however could someone point me in the right direction into how i explore my xbox and place files in certain directorys etc. havnt a clue. maybe a link to a thread would do also is there anything else these boxes are worth having for apart from the obvious dload games and dbox thing.

try xbmc downloads from Xmot | it has video tutorials
also xbmc downloads.
scripts and plugins ect.

also it has the bbc iplayer "plugin" download.

Last edited by a moderator:
i particularly liked the Free Media Tv plugin/script :) talk about On Demand

Copy the .py file to the scripts folder in XBMC and launch it from the scripts option on the XBMC menu

been having probs with bloody scripts

do you put the py's in the root of the scripts folder or in a folder of their own, in the root of the scripts folder?

been having probs with bloody scripts

do you put the py's in the root of the scripts folder or in a folder of their own, in the root of the scripts folder?

It depends on the script.

If the script comes in it's own folder then leave it in the folder.

If the script comes with the py at the root and not in it's own folder then copy the folder and py to the root of the script folder

now I'm really lost lol

theres a plugin setup, some of these are pys. most confusing.

but i got youtube working :) and streaming xvids hehe

i think that'll do, cheers for the xbmc update Pure.

I've just read my post back and confused myself lol

I've had a look at the script now. You should be ok putting it in it's own directory in the scripts folder. So the file structure in the scripts folder would be:

\iplayer\lib
\iplayer\resources
\iplayer\default.png
\iplayer\default.py
\iplayer\default.tbn

Hopefully this makes more sense :)

Back