iPhone iphone4 unlock

premprop51

DW F1 champion 2011
VIP Member
Reaction score
is there anyway to unlock iphone4 without jb it?....want it jb but im on 4.0.2 and cant get it back i'v tried all the methods to downgrade but can't get it working.

cheers.

is there anyway to unlock iphone4 without jb it?....want it jb but im on 4.0.2 and cant get it back i'v tried all the methods to downgrade but can't get it working.

cheers.

You can pay the service provider and they will unlock it.

why not give a positive reply obviouse he\she dosnt want to pay just like most of us on here or is it Posts: 4,782 now 4,783

why not give a positive reply obviouse he\she dosnt want to pay just like most of us on here or is it Posts: 4,782 now 4,783

WTF you on about? Should I have sugar coated it for them? They asked a question, and I gave the answer, I cannot make it anymore positive than it is.

And the amount of posts I have has nothing to do with the answer I gave. Why not give a positive answer yourself, instead of trolling.

why not jailbreak it and have the unlock for free , what jan said mate was spot on. The unlock is on the ultra sn0w repo which u cant get without cydia being installed and without the jailbreak.

i'v been trying to jb it now for a couple of days but as i said im on 4.0.2 and cannot get it bk to 4.0.1,yes i followed the guide in 1 of your posts but all i get at the end is an error (3194) from itunes and it stays in dfu mode...have to use recboot to get it out when i do its still on 4.0.2.

cheers.

i had to restore my phone the other day and ended up with the same problem as you did mate where i couldnt downgrade. ended up finding a slightly different tut on you tube that got me to download a program called tinyumbrella. run that and in the advanced options change the location to localhost then start tss server then try the downgrade. the phone only has to be in recovery mode for this method to not dfu mode. worked for me hope it does for you too.

swanny

Last edited:
i wish i could jb m8 but im stuck on 4.0.2 and cannot get it to downgrade to 4.0.1

cheers.

cheers swanny a just tried that but im still getting error although it's changed from (3194) to (3002) how do i change the location to local host can't see that option?

cheers.

You can pay the service provider and they will unlock it.

janobi i think the only thing with this is though. u have to pay a huge sum to get phone unlocked if hes just taken a contract out with who ever.for every month left off the contract they add what ever it is cause i remember tryin to do the same with a nokia few years back. but apart from jailbreakin like u janobi said bud you'll have to pay.

cheers swanny a just tried that but im still getting error although it's changed from (3194) to (3002) how do i change the location to local host can't see that option?

cheers.

if you click on the advanced option box it should give you another 3 options and the bottom one is location mine was set to cydia but when i changed it to local host i stopped getting that error,

swanny

janobi i think the only thing with this is though. u have to pay a huge sum to get phone unlocked if hes just taken a contract out with who ever.for every month left off the contract they add what ever it is cause i remember tryin to do the same with a nokia few years back. but apart from jailbreakin like u janobi said bud you'll have to pay.

I know o2 charge £15 for the unlock. So would imagine other providers would offer the same service for around about the same amount.

Hi Swanny,

when i click advanced option it does give 3 options

ECID:
Device/version:
Request from: but this option only has apple or cydia
might try the apple option but doubt if that will work,

what version of tiny u running?

cheers m8.

i am running v4.00.23. not sure why that wouldnt be there as i dont think i done anything else. Actually i did do the part where you save the SHSH first not sure if that would give you that localhost option?

swanny

i defo saved my shsh before i upgraded but when im looking at them there saved as 4.0.2 dunno if thats maybe the problem!...ill maybe try running v4.00.23, i'v tried nearly everything else.

cheers m8.

na still no luck m8,im still trying tho!....i'v been looking at a lot of posts from other forums and a lot of people have managed to do it but i just keep getting same errors,might just need to wait till a jb for 4.0.2 comes out.

cheers m8.

bugger!!!! i was hoping you had it sorted!!! these things eat away at me haha. did you actually get the option in tiny to select localhost?

swanny

na still only got 2 options apple or cydia never got round to downloading the older version....had to give it a wee break cause been pissing me right off, ill give it another try over the weekend......let u know how i get on.

cheers m8.

Back