iPhone iphone on 3.1.3 worth updating

neorage

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
is it worth updating my iphone to 4.0.2

can this be jailbroken as not to sure reading everything on here...

how do i back up my shsh blobs or whatcya not ?

cheers :)

i upgraded to 4.0.2 the other day on iphone 4 thinking i could easily enough downgrade to 4.0.1 but i'v had nothing but problems because i never saved my blobs correctly,i think if you do it...ie follow the correct instructions u should be ok tho!

to save your shsh blobs to cydia download a programme called tiny umbrella.

cheers.

BLOBS have been saved using umbrella...

tho have saved them as 4.0.2 shsh blobs :S is that right

im assuming now i just update like normal in itunes but use the TSS server.. is that right.

then how do i JB.. using the pdf hack or blackrain ?

when i saved my blobs they saved as 4.0.2 as well so yes it sounds right the only problem i have is itunes always comes up with an error when i try to downgrade i'v been at this for nearly 3 days now but still no further forward...i spoke to a few people who have managed it but for some reason it won't let me do it.

so its up to you m8 yes u upgrade then use umbrellas tss server to retrieve your saved blobs,

if you do it let me know how you get on.

cheers.

Can you not just get the 4.0.1 ispw and update to that? Then use jailbreakme.com ?

EDIT: Also neorage dont upgrade yet, wait for biffo to come online

Cheers

Can you not just get the 4.0.1 ispw and update to that? Then use jailbreakme.com ?

EDIT: Also neorage dont upgrade yet, wait for biffo to come online

Cheers
can do i take it the 4.0.2 was just to patch the pdf flaw.. and no other features

hi mate sorry i missed this is everthing sorted lads ?
have a look here full video tuturial on downgrade from 4.02[anydevice] if u have saved ya shsh blobs

Here

Last edited:
Na not missed it. jsut sync the iphone now as system rebuild meant i lost everying on pc.

just finished dowbnloading the 4.0.1 ipsw

gonna be updating in a bit

right wont update using the 4.0.1ipsw in restore mode using either the tiny umbrella tss server or official apple serve

get 3002 error or apples update server could not be contacted

thats all i get when i try downgrading error 3002.

let me know if you get round it!

cheers.

Upcoming 3.1 Exploit
If you encouter "unknown error (3002)", you probably do not have your ECID SHSH's for 3.0 "on file" with Cydia. Unfortunately, as Apple is no longer allowing users to sign the 3.0 firmware, it is no longer possible to register your device with Cydia.

Luckily, it has been reported that iPhoneOS 3.1 is vulnerable to another exploit. This means that, once a jailbreak is released for 3.1, users will be able to prepare themselves for future jailbreaks even if they missed the first round of signature storage (which I unfortunately was only able to start very late in the 3.0 game).

Once you even attempt to use this service (or if you tell Cydia to "make your life easier") you will be signed up for the signature tracker, and Cydia HQ will do its best to manage your ability to restore

yh had the blobs backjed up uising umbrella as cydia was stuck in the cashe loop..

managed to get it all sorted

thanks for your help guys :D

Back