iphone 6s

yelnats

Member ++
Reaction score
I have just bought a used iphone 6s with a badly damaged screen the guy I had the phone off says that he has removed it from
icloud and is not connected to iTunes anyway had some difficult making it connect to iTunes but I managed and I restored the
phone now it show in iTunes activation lock [email protected] I have been in touch with the guy I have purchased the phone off
and he says without replacing the damaged screen in the phone it cannot be sorted out I would like to know if this is correct
or is the guy giving me bullshit HELP !!!!!!

Copied and pasted from Apple site.

If the previous owner isn't present, contact them and ask them to follow these steps:
  1. Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. If necessary, click Erase [device].
  6. Click Remove from Account.
After the previous owner removes the device from their account, turn off the device and then turn it back on to begin the setup process.

The phone is iCloud locked. Either he has to remove it from his account if the phone is even his. If not I would ask for my money back and do not replace the screen as it will not remove the iCloud lock.

i get this kind of problems everyday in my shop.

Most of the times the iphones are stolen, sometimes from an Ex wife!

the problem is simple to fix just ask there Icloud id like you see in the post before and compare the imei or serial when you logged inb icloud.com

and yes you can reset and back to fabric setting by icloud.com WITHOUT having a good screen.

its simple if you have a stolen Iphone 6 its not more then 45 euro worth (when the screen is in serius good condition)
els not even 1 euro!

stop with playing with it, when you replace the screen and put it on youre WiFi connection the real owner can see where around you are!!

I have just bought a used iphone 6s with a badly damaged screen the guy I had the phone off says that he has removed it from
icloud and is not connected to iTunes anyway had some difficult making it connect to iTunes but I managed and I restored the
phone now it show in iTunes activation lock [email protected] I have been in touch with the guy I have purchased the phone off
and he says without replacing the damaged screen in the phone it cannot be sorted out I would like to know if this is correct
So what your saying is, the screens damaged, you've not replaced it yet, you can still use the phone and it's asking you to sign in to someone else's iCloud ?.

If he said "you can't till you replace screen just tell him you've replaced the screen and you wanna unlock it.
I had this with an iPad, the guy used it at work and left on bad terms. He handed it over but it was months before it was handed to a new engineer, it was locked to his iCloud. He then claimed he had no knowledge of this.
The way we got it was, we sent a recovery that happened to be his old works email (still active) and sorted that way.

Without the iCloud email and password you have no chance of getting in.
Apple require the original receipt of purchase that's unless you you know someone with hooky SW and the know how, good luck
Good luck

a, yes i have a good one.
4 weeks back a client buy an Ipad pro 11.9 inch.

1 week ago she come back with a problem imessage is not working......
after 20 minutes i understand..... the icloud account is from: [email protected]

and no that whas not the account i make for her.....
so try to logout, delete, reset everything you must have the password from the icloud of that person.

in the conversation comes up whats happend she whas at a restaurant on free WiFi.... i always say dont do that lot of problems!
and yes well after 1 hour the tablet ask her password, the old lady put her password and the tablet go to restart (she dont ask) and after she dont can imessage again. and missing apps.

well now we call withg Apple i have the reciept of 1350 euro, have all information they ask last used mail adres last password, last imessage
and then finaly she told us sorry but you put self youre password when the ipad ask know for sure...

and we dont get the Ipad reset from Icloud of the unknow person!

we have problems here with free wifi and Roman persons..... the wirdest things you can dream of.
even a person with already 15 years the same PIN code 0000
but after free wifi the phone whas off.
and came to me....

put the card in my own phone, same problem put a test sim in his phone, a new password on the phone......

i have some ideas, but that whas not the question on this topic ;)

after all never buy that iphone with a broken screen!
only when the seller is next to you and you can put a new screen on it!
all storys you hear dont belive!!!
DONT BUY

You have restored a phone with "Find My Mobile" still enabled fella, the only way to unlock it is to get the previous owner to log into icloud and remove it from their device list. I think it was possible to get past it with the iPhone 5 but as far as I am aware there isn't a way to get passed it with the iPhone 6 upwards. :(

nico to know:
on the back of apple products most of the time you find the IMEI number.
on the inlay of the simslot you will find the IMEI number.
also in the menu of the phone.

after you know the imei check it !
IMEIpro - free IMEI number check service

be shure dont buy stolen or activated apple products ;)

Back