iPhone iPhone 4s from USA will this work

linzi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can I buy a iPhone 4s from the USA will it work in the uk ? Or do they work anywhere now I want to be able to use uk sims

That is an iPhone 4 I'm looking at the newer one iPhone 4S and I thought there was 2 different types to buy over there

would of thought if a 3g and a 4g do the 4gs would but dont quote me on this as a never bought one from the usa

Think you need the gsm one as cdma one wont work here , correct me if im wrong .

Just me sis in usa and apparently they doing a 1 day half price on them tomorrow for black friday so hopefully she can get one

With the 4, their was a choice of CDMA and 3g. The CDMA didn't have a sim slot.
The 4s is dual. It has the hardware onboard for both 3g and CDMA. Buying it in the states, just make sure that it is sim free.

What u mean sim free out of contract one payment? U mean or unlocked ? If so I thought it worked outside of USA anyway

The rules in the USA are the same as they are here. Depending on where you buy from, and the price. Ie. Buy it from Verizon it will more than likely be locked to Verizon.. It won't work on a different carrier, wether it be a US, UK, or anywhere else. T-mobile US is one of the common ones. People buy a US T-Mobile phone, then bring it back to blighty to put their T-Mobile UK sim in... It won't work, and T-Mobile UK won't help you unlock it.

If you are buying from "Best Buy" or Apple, then it's highly likely that it's SIM free, but you have to make sure before you buy. Ask if it is unlocked..

Back