iPhone iPhone 4 managed to get hold of one

Nani121

Banned
Reaction score
I managed to get hold of one of these and can take it for £500 but i've decided against keeping and am gonne eBay it lol

Seem like they going for around £650 ish

Anyone else got one?

The que was massive but luckily i got it without that hassle lol

Yep me an BROOKSY had the only 2 32gb delivered too the vodafone West Bromwich shop tis morning

Lol

please can you guys check something for me? a mate got his and is getting this problem with signal really weird :s until i saw the vid i didnt believe it.

when holding it the signal drops till it ends up just searching but when put down it goes back to normal. he is trying to get a replacement as we speak but the more i look i just find others getting it after awhile. the sides are the antennae is it a grounding issue? would like to see the db levels rather than just bars for real info.

take a look

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ixIHyEPO5g]YouTube - iPhone 4 Reception Issue with Holding the Phone[/ame]

update: i saw this on engadets site http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/06/24...gnal-issue-until-apple-addresses-the-problem/

im blaming my mate for his bear hand grip and being a leftie lol just like in the vid he has been getting it but if held as a rightie it doesnt happen!

Last edited:
I'm having this problem too mate, looks like we know why apple are selling those bumpers!!

my mates got a bad habit of pushing into the side with his thumb abit hard so i told him to becareful and hes not had any dropped calls since. i wont get a look at it till he comes over after work.

when it does happen do the two antennas touch or move closer together in anyway?

Nope they dont touch, its just you are shorting the circuit with you hand I think or something, going to find a plastic case or something and see what that does!

a case should definately sort it, else its rubber gloves time :eek:

the posts on mac rumours are getting funnier by the minute!

Originally Posted by auero View Post
This might sound stupid but what if it was because our bodies are all different. In a sense that some have screws or plates from surgeries. Even from the exposure from some of our workplaces? Just a thought.
We tried it with multiple people.

Originally Posted by bmms8 View Post
i just confirmed that when the phone shows no service, it doesnt even ring when someone calls..
Hmm, I wonder why that is, SHERLOCK?

Originally Posted by T-Will View Post
Just a wild guess, but does it make a difference if you have rubber soled shoes on, or just bare feet?

lmao

Last edited:
something that bothered me about this was how it got passed testing...then i remembered that lost iphone prototype. that ones was kept in a case to hide the real design so i wouldnt be suprised if no one thought to test it in the real world without it!

they are robbin buggers asking for that much for plastic that doesnt add to its looks just masks a flaw.

They got to be fuckin jokin?!

Apple responds over iPhone 4 reception issues: you're holding the phone the wrong way
linky
jobsemail.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently, the best way to use your iphone 4 is to glue a lolly stick on the back and hold it

Last edited:
please can you guys check something for me? a mate got his and is getting this problem with signal really weird :s until i saw the vid i didnt believe it.

when holding it the signal drops till it ends up just searching but when put down it goes back to normal. he is trying to get a replacement as we speak but the more i look i just find others getting it after awhile. the sides are the antennae is it a grounding issue? would like to see the db levels rather than just bars for real info.

take a look

YouTube - iPhone 4 Reception Issue with Holding the Phone

update: i saw this on engadets site iPhone 4 Dropped Signal / Calls Issue: Almost 7 Unofficial Ways to Fix It [How to Fix the iPhone 4 Signal Issue Until Apple Addresses the Problem?] » TFTS – Technology, Gadgets & Curiosities

im blaming my mate for his bear hand grip and being a leftie lol just like in the vid he has been getting it but if held as a rightie it doesnt happen!

Got one today and i am sending it back

thats real sad mate, i really was hoping theyd just do the right thing and give everyone who bought em cases atleast. my mate spends most his day up scaffolding on the outside, so theres no reason to be losing signal lol

the case has helped but does depend on the area and signal as he had some called failed on him.

Got 1 today and find it very easy to drop the signal... Just hold both corners and I go from full bars to no bars.... How do they get away with it... (I'm a lefty too :)

Mines finally shipped today, but it says I might not get it until 8th July.

I have already bought an ZAGG invisible shield for it and got a couple of cases off ebay so I hope they do the job until proper fix comes out for it..

I hope they jailbreak it soon cause I will miss all my apps I have on iphone 3g ;)

Back