Ipad USB Drivers

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening all. Could someone please point me in the direction of the usb drivers for win7?

I've been given an old Ipad that is pinlocked to try and restore, but i can't seem to get the PC or laptop to recognize it?
Saying that, the PC and laptop are quite old. I assumed they'd get installed with iTunes, but they don't seem to be there?

Cheers
Dar

For anyone still having this issue, give this a shot:

First, make sure you have iTunes and Apple Mobile Device Support Installed.

1. Go to Device Manager
2. Locate your Apple device (mine was under Portable Devices. It's very possible it's somewhere else for you.)
3. Right click it and select "Update Device Driver."
4. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Devices\Support\Drivers and select that folder
5. Hit next. The driver should install and you'll see "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" under the "Universal Serial Device USB Driver" section in Device Manager.
or try this mate

When iTunes on your computer doesn't recognize your connected device, you might see an unknown error or an "0xE" error. If you do, follow these steps and try to connect your device again after each step:
  1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes that works with your computer.
  2. Check that you have the latest software on your Mac or Windows PC.
  3. Make sure that your device is turned on.
  4. If you see a Trust this Computer alert, unlock your device and tap Trust.
  5. Unplug all USB accessories from your computer except for your device. Try each USB port to see if one works. Then try a different Apple USB cable.
  6. Restart your computer and iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
  7. Try connecting your device to another computer. If you have the same issue on another computer, contact Apple Support.

Last edited:
Back