iPad remote management removal MDM

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone know a way to remove mdm from a iPad mini ?
Seen the paid ways online but probs get scammed ! Rather do it myself.

Tia good to be back :)

What are you trying to remove? Sounds like it has some 3rd party software on it to control it. We've used them for corporate devices, but i'd need more information.

What are you trying to remove? Sounds like it has some 3rd party software on it to control it. We've used them for corporate devices, but i'd need more information.

It’s a built in corporate apple management system, that when you set it up automatically locks the device down and installs whatever organisation
Wants app/email wise.

I’ve left the company and they charged for the iPad but refuse to release the MDM (remote management)

Well ask for a refund and return the device. It’s based on the serial number, and each time the unit activated with the apple servers the MDM system will push the policy down to the device.

Well ask for a refund and return the device. It’s based on the serial number, and each time the unit activated with the apple servers the MDM system will push the policy down to the device.

Told them to take the device back and give me the cost or release it, falls on death ears. Left in December and still got no where.

I feel that you should talk to citizens advice then. If you have some sort of receipt or some way to prove you have bought the device, then the device might be presumed 'not fit for purpose' and you could go down the route of the small claims court?

If it's locked to a MDM you cannot get rid of that software. Only on the control panel can it be done. You basically have to deactivate the device, we used mobile iron where we worked for samsung tabs, and we were constantly having to reset them.

Back