Ipad A1395 icloud locked

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

I've happened upon an old iPad, which had the iCloud lock on. It comes on and works ok, but has the previous owners stuff on it. It won't allow a factory reset/ erase without the iCloud password etc. Is it possible to reflash it, or is the lock permanently on? :)

There is a lot of "services" on the internet claiming they can remove this lock and I don't know if any of those works but who knows, maybe they are by just hacking peoples Apple-ID:s for money :confused:

There is a lot of "services" on the internet claiming they can remove this lock and I don't know if any of those works but who knows, maybe they are by just hacking peoples Apple-ID:s for money :confused:

Agree - watch out for scams. I used such a service for an unlock, didn't pay a lot - but needless to say, it didn't work - and i never got my money back.

This is all good publicity for Apple. Once word gets around the criminal fraternity that it is impossible to hack the iCloud lock thefts of iOS devices should go down as it becomes known that they are worthless.
A site called Duolci claims to make the device usable again but I have never tried it. To be taken with many a pinch of salt.

This is all good publicity for Apple. Once word gets around the criminal fraternity that it is impossible to hack the iCloud lock thefts of iOS devices should go down as it becomes known that they are worthless.
A site called Duolci claims to make the device usable again but I have never tried it. To be taken with many a pinch of salt.
Duolci is icloud spelt backwards, scammers.
They all are. How could any company unlock iCloud from your device without physically having access to your device. The only way without the username/password to remove the lock is to change the serial number of the logic board. This could be done by an unscrupulous tech who has a GSX account giving access to Apple servers.
He would still need to have physical access to the locked device. Basically an iCloud device is only fit for spare parts

I made a similar enquiry regarding iPhones on Shack and a very clued up lad said:

"yes but its not bypassing icloud really and the reason its expensive is they use a new,working imei.
if you supply that it can be done for less
older fw there are easier ways.
no,i'm not going into any more detail
the ones on ebay go abroad usually ffs"

"the guy's clearing icloud from just an imei are using a huge dumped db apple have never declared and obv can only do it if it's on there"

I made a similar enquiry regarding iPhones on Shack and a very clued up lad said:

"yes but its not bypassing icloud really and the reason its expensive is they use a new,working imei.
if you supply that it can be done for less
older fw there are easier ways.
no,i'm not going into any more detail
the ones on ebay go abroad usually ffs"

"the guy's clearing icloud from just an imei are using a huge dumped db apple have never declared and obv can only do it if it's on there"
Can't be done from the imei. The iCloud authentication key is derived from the serial number and username/password combined. The imei has no bearing on it.
No database exists that can give any iCloud unlock. Without a username/password the only thing of significance left is the logic board serial number so without the login credentials the key cannot be extracted.

Back