Ipad 4 reciept

dexyweescot

Inactive User
Reaction score
A brother needs some help. :)

Was in a car accident at the weekend and my car wrote off by some woman probably on the phone rammed me from the back.

Problem is that my ipad 4 got damaged in the crash as my son was using it and it hit the dash. To claim the money back I need a receipt which I dont have now.

Can anyone on here give me a copy of one pretty please. I can offer a gesture in return ;)

did you buy it from a shop? if so call the shop and give them the ipad serial number , they will issue a new receipt? pay on credit card/bank card? check your statements etc. 2nd hand private purchase etc sorry I cant help

yes it was bought 2nd hand and repaired. Obviously a brand new one courtesy of the woman's insurance writing off my car would be nice and to save me repairing it again.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune mate, I hope you & the wee one are OK- which of course is the main thing.
Insurance company being a bit shitty (no surprise there) insisting on receipt- tell them you'll bill them for the repair, (official Apple shop of course) which will amount to about the same. They won't want the hassle. Besides, you bought it when you were on holiday didn't you? Lost receipt & can't get a copy???

Yes we were a bit in shock but not serious injury apart from being sore. More me being auld haha

good ideas there. Ive never dealt with insurance before so a bit iffy and I know how they can try riggle out their responsibilities. Hoping they will go for that still without a receipt.

Yes we were a bit in shock but not serious injury apart from being sore. More me being auld haha

good ideas there. Ive never dealt with insurance before so a bit iffy and I know how they can try riggle out their responsibilities. Hoping they will go for that still without a receipt.

I've not had any dealing lately (thankfully) but I had a couple of battles in the past- one with RSA and another with Direct Line- both tried it on but got nowhere.
Phrases like "Do you think I came up the Clyde / Forth on a banana boat?" or 'Try calling back when you're sober" seemed to get the message across. I actually slammed the door in the face of a "claims advisor" (aka tight-arse loss adjuster) he was being such a knobhead. And it takes a lot to wind me up! Got there in the end though. Just never accept their first offer. EVER.

I think they are going to accept a quote according to an email back. Well done mate. Ill still try get a receipt just in case.

"The apple quote should hopefully be sufficient, please can you arrange for this to be sent to our office along with an image of the damage item."

I think it is over the water from Dunfeminine....

Oer the watter yeah. If anyone has a receipt it will save me the journey. Make it worth their while too

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Back