Ip cctv

vaf888

New Member ++
Reaction score
Hi All

I am very new to CCTV, but have a system in my house currently which is a IP POE based system.

I am looking at fitting a CCTV system in my business to help reduce abusive comments and situations against my staff.

Just wonder if it is worth going for the 4mega cameras or to go with 3mega? Also are they any cameras offering audio record?

What's is the difference/benefit of dome Vs bullet type cameras.

Many thanks. All advice appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

in a shop / offices i would go for domes or turrets inside, outside probably bullets / turrets.

what you need to consider is focal length so ensure the cameras field of view is suitable for the area been covered, also if using domes check the axis of the camera some will be 2 axis and some will be 3 axis this may be important depending on how the cameras are been mounted.

mega pixels are not so important, but if you need good night vision consider low lux.

hope it helps

Need more help.

Can balums be used to carry a IP camera signal over coax cable. Installer says no, but a manufacturer in China says yes.

Anyone experienced this?

Thanks

Need more help.

Can balums be used to carry a IP camera signal over coax cable. Installer says no, but a manufacturer in China says yes.

Anyone experienced this?

Thanks

No, a balun can not do that. It is an impedance matching transformer which, in other scenarios, is used to match 75Ω cameras to Ethernet cable.

There might be some type of converter but it is certainly not a balun.

Need more help.

Anyone experienced this?

Thanks

it is possible but noramlly cheeper to rerun the cables, for refernce only have a reed here Ip Cameras Over Coax

There is a datasheet available but I don't know how to attach it

It states no external power required but I bet it needs a PoE switch.

My cameras have a power cable even though they are Poe. I was thinking of using these for the signal and powering the IP cameras from the AC feed from the old coax cameras. Would this work? Do the converters seem genuine?

Thanks

My cameras have a power cable even though they are Poe. I was thinking of using these for the signal and powering the IP cameras from the AC feed from the old coax cameras. Would this work? Do the converters seem genuine?

Thanks

I think the converters will need power themselves.

They claim to be passive but that isn't possible.

These converters are probably supposed to be powered from PoE switch and far-end converter will be expecting power from the coax.

I'm not an expert though, so just examining what I see :).

Can't understand why you're not recabling. Could use the old coax to pull through the cat cable, job will take no time at all, will be a lot cheaper and better still it will be done properly.
Why complicate things :confused:

Recalling would be a nightmare as everything is tacked down so that's why I need to look at this option. I have a full cat5 system in my old house and it's great.

Recabling

Back