ip camera set up

imyeman2000

Member ++
Reaction score
hi everyone why can i not and i mean NOT set up Poe cameras ! ive been giving cameras over the years that are Poe cameras i bought the injector and ive tried loads of times but just can not get them to work ! what am i doing wrong im connecting power to injector camera to injector port ethernet cable out to my router ive downloaded reolink app to view but nothing happens i must be THICK any help appreciated cheers

ive connected it into an injector with a ethernet cable running from injector straight to the router i havent bought an nvr yet just wanted to see if cameras were working ok ! my current system is just the plug and play type !

can you see the device connected to the router in the router settings

ive logged in and its not on the map of connected stuff just iphones and xbox but wen i look at second page its got on lan 1 Pppoe snd beside it faded out saying connecting but nothing on viewer

Are the POE injectors the correct version for the cameras? Can't reply too well as VM Internet is down.

havent a clue m8 i just bought injector online !

Attachments

• BB0A064D-3951-44FC-BB37-DCD4F6E563DD.jpeg
    BB0A064D-3951-44FC-BB37-DCD4F6E563DD.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
What make and model camera is it mate? There are different versions of Poe and they arnt all cross compatible.

Do you have model numbers? I would say it’s the Poe injector you have. Do either of the cameras have a dc jack plug aswell? I have seen many hik cameras that are Poe but can be powered via a separate 12v psu

I would use a 12v psu to check out the hik. The I.p will be
Or
If it has not been used before. If you have bother connecting there is a tool called sadp that can be used to fine the I.p.

Back