IP Camera reccomendations

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I don't suppose anyone can recommend any good IP cameras please? Doesn't necessarily need to point to a DVR just needs to be wireless and IP66\external as well as internal.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated - thanks!

Hi Shabba
Hikvision are pretty good and the ones I have seen can record to a sd card mounted in the camera so no dvr needed. I wouldn’t recomend wireless as it’s something to go wrong and depends on the router. power would need to be wired anyway .

Hey, got one of these couple of weeks ago, it was a sale at amazon got it for £15.29, must say its pretty good and has good range, didn't think I would be able to pick up but it did, read the reviews it speaks for its, and when you get it give it a review and they will send you a sd card for nowt 32gb, there is a card inside the box that explains how to get you free sd card,

HERE

Cheers

YI Outdoor IP Camera Wireless 1080P HD Home Security: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

have 2 off these only thing that niggled me is there is no rj45 and only a usb cable to power it (about 4 meters ) and its only wifi
the usb cable is not removable so means any drilling needs to be 16 mill hole to get usb cable end through
picture and night vision are great and records to sd and can be set up via pc software to record to a nas
also sends alerts to your mobile via there app needed to set up camera , I paid 45 for 1 on prime day and 39 for another before Christmas

if your installation is for something that really needs viewing.
do not worry about wireless connections and shared routers and networks.
do the work with hard wires.
if net is spending a lot of money, use Hikvision or Dahua
I tried them ... they work well and seamlessly for their money.

Back