iPhone iOS 4 out NOW!

The OFFICIAL 4.0 FW is now live! You can update via iTunes but it is advised that you WAIT until the DEV-TEAM releases a Jailbreak which should be within the next 48 hours. You must also upgrade to iTunes 9.2 BEFORE you can update to 4.0 FW which is also another reason that you should WAIT until Jailbreak has been released

Last edited:
to anyone else that has problems upgrading via the itunes upgdate button download the actuall software to your desktop then clck the restore button while iphone is in recovery mode holding down the shift key on your keyboard, select the software and away you go.

good luck

screenshots ? :) put some up for me to drool over lol
will upgrade once you have found the bugs lol

just downloaded and installed. Got to say, im very impressed. I've had my iphone 2 days and can see a massive difference with the functionability of the phone compaired to the 3.1.3 software.
Some people told me alot of the things they have included have just been taken from stuff you could add once it was jail broken, can't comment on that as didn't have chance to try that.
Im loving that you can sort your stuff out and put them into folders, as that was doing my head in and thought how untidy it was, having to scroll throught pages to find what you wanted. Also like that you can have your wallpaper on the main pages, rather than just on the standby.
The multi tasking is good as well, just as case of double tapping on the home button and it will bring up the programs you have running which you can just flip through.
How do you close them tho, as i closed one app and it still shows up in the task bar.

thanks for that, been bugging me how to turn it off and only had 4.0 on for abt an hour lol
Thats the only thing i don't like abt the iphone, there should be a mannual telling you what does what and how to do things. As only got a finger tips booklet and that was pants lol

might be a bit of a little bug in the 4.0 os. It has deleted all of my internet/mms settings, talk about a pain in the ass

have you found any problems with already/older downloaded app compatibility's ? with the 4.0 firmware

Only one app does not work for me, but I new that before I upgraded.

@cg my MMS and Internet settings are OK. Did you do a backup before hand?

Only one app does not work for me, but I new that before I upgraded.

@cg my MMS and Internet settings are OK. Did you do a backup before hand?

how do you do a back up lol
When i did it via itunes it went through the steps and im sure backup was said but wouldn't know how to do it. didn't take that long to put the setting back.

the itv app for the worldcup isn't working, just closes right away. The other one i have, Sky news, Sky sports footie result, amazon, ebay all work fine. Typical that it's the itv one that isn't working

all updated fine :) one thing thats changed and I dont like well I say change more taken away

in ipod mode while playing a song tou could turn sideways and scroll through all your album art to choose another album
this seems to have been taken away

but apart from that Im liking it :)

Rat, that is working fine on mine.

I can rotate it anti-clockwise 90 degres and I get the album art, and I am able to flick through it :)

I really like the folder option.

Back