iPhone iOS 4 out NOW!

ive just checked again and its not working on mine :(

:err: mind you my luck is shite at the moment so if something is going to go wrong it will happen to me lol

tbh I cant see how I can do anything wrong ? go into ipod,play a tune,turn on its side

yes I have mate but ill do another now :) just checke I was doing the right thing with daughters Touch then the same with iPhone
hers worked mine didnt lol

brb reboot ;)

still the same after reboot

I did notice you can turn rotate off (iPod) double click home button,swipe right until you see play FF/REW you can lock unlock in there :)

still dont fix my problem though lol

cheecky fecker ;)

What's there for 3g

* Folders
* Threaded mail
* iTunes playlist creation / editing
* 5x digital zoom: just tap on the display near the capture button, but be warned, it doesn't paint a pretty picture
* iBooks: we were having issues with the earlier build, but it seems to be running fine after today's official download -- PDFs work, too.
* Photos: you can now sort by albums, events, faces, and places
* Game Center: the icon is present, but as of this writing we're unable to connect to the servers. (Update: a number of readers saying it didn't come with today's download. We nabbed ours as a gold build, which might explain the discrepancy despite still being considered "up to date" by iTunes.)
* Spell check has been updated
* Spotlight search: you can search the web and Wikipedia from the home screen search bar. That said, not all our queries -- "Engadget," for example -- weren't offering the option. [Thanks, jkane08]

What isn't

* Multitasking: this is the big one. Double-tapping the home button doesn't give you the handy menu, there's no fast app switching, and background use is missing in action.
* Screen lock: normally in the multitasking menu (which isn't available on 3G), it's nowhere to be found, even under Settings. Bummer.
* Home screen wallpaper: you'd think this simple addition would make the cut, but sadly no. The dock has been given a visual upgrade, though.
* Bluetooth Keyboard support: we haven't tried this ourselves, but an influx of reports from Twitter suggest this is also a no-go.

Back