introduction

ellie1998

Inactive User
Reaction score
This area is to show anyone who is interested how to compile their own image's for the dreambox 500. Because we will be using standard tuxbox-cvs commands you can also make dbox2 images with minor changes.

I have limited knowledge and only know the way I do things, this doesn't mean it is the only way so any input will be very welcome.

The room is open to anybody.

Please no talk about cams or magic files as the posts will be deleted.

There will be simple instructions so if you want you can literally copy and paste instructions though there will be info along the way so you can learn as you go if you so wish.

If you don't want to learn to compile then you will still be able to use the preconfigured linux to edit the squashfs (read only part) of the existing images.

hopefully within a few days you will have all the information to replicate the current dw version 2.1 (neutrino) images, I can't remember but I think all the files for dw versionb 1.6.2 (enigma) are on the preconfigured linux.

DW 1.6.2 is on the dvd..

im not sure or the build no for the DWvar folder and root cramsfs on the desktop

cryos diffs are also on there as well as a few others :)

Hi can i just say what a brilliant idea this is i have been dying to try somet like this but kinda get lost in it all i dont have a dreambox thou i have an itgate still linux but sure i can get a dream box to play with for a bit

Top effort with this area. Hope to give it a go soon. Why are DM500 images a ro root image & a j2ffs /var? Is there a fully j2ffs image out there like the dbox commando images?

not seen a fully jffs image as far as I am aware they are all squashfs.

hi im gonna have a do, ive made a couple of images for the dbox2 and just liked
to broaden my horizons,just wondering will the image be compatible for the dm600 if i
edit the command ./configure --with-boxtype=dreambox --with-boxmodel=dm500

instead of dm500 could i use dm600,cos i dont have a dm500 only dm600

thanks for lettin me join the school

It won't work for the dm600 but I can supply info for the dm600pvr.

You still need linux but you also need to have a larger disc image so you can't use vmware as it seems to have an 8gb limit, We used virtualbox to make the dm600pvr image with a 16gb disc image.

Only enigma images atm no neutrino yet for the dm600pvr :(

It won't work for the dm600 but I can supply info for the dm600pvr.

You still need linux but you also need to have a larger disc image so you can't use vmware as it seems to have an 8gb limit, We used virtualbox to make the dm600pvr image with a 16gb disc image.

Only enigma images atm no neutrino yet for the dm600pvr :(

thanks for that il see how i go on with this then i might try another one for the 600
ive allready have wubi linux duel boot with xp also i got plenty of space on me drive

Back