Interview tomorrow.

fizsparky

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys, just to let you know I've got an interview with instore (formerly known as poundstretcher) tomorrow morning. Im abit nervous, cuz lyk its my first job interview. Im only 16...was hoping others could gimme sum advice or sumthing?

Btw, even if you wanna say it don't. People ave told me that instore is shit, but f*** em, I'll be earning money! yay, anyway, any advice widely appreciated.

Thanks, Fizsparky :Cheers:

good luck mate my first interview i was bricking it but my second interview for somewhere i was totally relaxed, probably too relaxed cause i never got the second job

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

go smart (collar an tie, )be yourself and be honest. ask if there will be oppurtunities to train for a higher postions for the future, dont be afraid to ask them what they will want of you regarding work etc.
good luck and if you dont get it dont worry it is your first try.

good luck mate as others have said be confident but not cocky and always keep eye contact with whoever is asking you any questions and speak clearly no offence but being the father of a couple of teenagers they sometimes seem to have their own language...lol...

good luck just tell them what they want to hear that you are hard working that you want a career in the consumer trade you work well with others you can get on with anyone even if there shouting at you that kinda crap be confident you will be fine

good for you m80 you go for it and earn a wage
confidence is all you need my no need to be nerves they aint going to shoot you if they dont like you are they

good luck m8, and like others have said, just be polite, presentable, confident, and tell em what they want to hear.

you are hard working, eager to learn new things, trustworthy, reliable, enjoy being with the public, and you are aiming to climb the ladder in the trade and be manager within 2 years.

Good Luck Fizsparky!

Some good advice here so far.

No need to worry, just give it your best shot and accept the outcome - if you get the job: great, but if not, well there will be other opportunities out there.

:Cheers:

Good luck m8, your confidence as shown in your first post will be the key for any job.
Just show your keen and a hard worker and let the money role in.

if, unfortuanately you dont get it, they offer post-interview counselling then take it mate they tell you where u went wrong in your interview and how to imporve

Hope you get it mate fingers crossed :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

My advice for anyone having a job interview is to let them know that you have a "can do" attitude.

It doesn't matter what skills you have, because they can train you to carry out any tasks required and they know this.

What an employer is looking for is someone who will solve problems not ceate them.
Too many teenagers when presented with a problem say "I can't do that" when they should be saying "It may be difficult but I can do that"

Good luck and respect for wanting to earn a wage.

Let us know how you go on.

I really appreciate all the advice you guys and girls (if there are any) have given me. It seems to me as if many of the members are referring to confidence, and just being yourself.

I've had an interview for applying for post-16 colleges and sixth forms, but I am aware that a job interview is totally different.

Thanks again for the advice, and I'll reply back saying whether I've got it or not. I'm sure they tell you or do they send a letter or something? Either way, I'll post it here.

best of luck mate.

just don't do [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=FdpqH1_EC7A"]THIS[/ame]

Hey mate, I am going to assure you that I won't be doing that.

The guy was high on drugs, and he just didn't shut up lol. The panel interviewers were having a great time listening to his crap. It was a good video by the way.

My interview is going to be one-to-one for anyone who wants to know, so that makes me much more confident as I have less people to persuade, which is a positive start.

Good Luck young man.
Your posts are always to the point and very well written, so no problems there.
Dress as smartly as you can and don't feel intimidated.
Don't feel too despondent if you fail, it's their loss, there may be a better position round the corner.
Go for it fella!!!

Good luck pal, TBH I never realised you were that age, your posts seem to be from a person more mature....dont take that the wrong way. If you conduct yourself in the interview as you do on here you will be fine.

Doesnt matter if its Instore, its a job and you will be showing that you are willing to do that job and even move up the ladder if the chance arises.

Good luck pal, TBH I never realised you were that age, your posts seem to be from a person more mature....dont take that the wrong way. If you conduct yourself in the interview as you do on here you will be fine.

Doesnt matter if its Instore, its a job and you will be showing that you are willing to do that job and even move up the ladder if the chance arises.

Well said Jaffa:Clap:

Back