internet update settings?

krazylegz

Inactive User
Reaction score
any1 know what the correct settings and the way the wires should be to update box by internet. eg download and install a camd to gemini 2.40 as i've been trying all day with no joy.

thanks

:BLOBBY:

any body know which way to have to wires and setting as up till this day still not figured it out

Whats your setup like m8? Do you have a router/switch, etc? Or just a straight connection to the PC with a crossover cable...

If you have NTL/Telewest broadband then you can just plug the modem straight into the box via a straight/patch cable and set the box network settings to 'DHCP'.

Liam

i have t/w broadband no router if i plug box straight into broadband and check DHCP what about the ip and gate way etc on box do i just leave them as they are.

cheers

leefield said:
i have t/w broadband no router if i plug box straight into broadband and check DHCP what about the ip and gate way etc on box do i just leave them as they are.

cheers

The gateway should be set to 192.168.1.1 which is the Cable Modem the IP should be erased as when DHCP is checked the modem should auto assign an IP (will be the same as your current PC internet connection) to the dreambox (you may need to restart the modem once it's plugged direct into the dreambox)

If you are conected to TV as well simply check if the IP has been assigned. If it has it'll be the same IP you normally have for your internet connection eg 82.xx.xx.xx TW normally issue you the same IP, you then have a direct connection to the internet so will be able to update the box via the internet.

As an alternative you can also get your IP address of the modem and put this value into the dreambox with the gateway set as above. Don't check DHCP and then reboot the modem, you should get the same result.

Wishing you luck

Back