Internet speed

kook

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi there

Just a quick question do these internet speed boosters actually work

Never really used them.
Personally cant fault homeplugs. I use TP_Link 500mbps plugs and never miss a beat.

the bottleneck will always be your broadband connection, you can have 10GB nework at home but if the internet speed is say 10 MB then thats all you will get

A lot of those types of apps use multiple connections to the download source, theory is it will use more of your download bandwidth in reality thats seldom the case.

Are you talking about the apps that claim to boost your internet speed?

I could do with an wifi extender, as the virgin hub doesn't reach the back bedroom.
Has anyone used one they could recommend? I know they are supposed to half the speed, but that should do.

I could do with an wifi extender, as the virgin hub doesn't reach the back bedroom.
Has anyone used one they could recommend? I know they are supposed to half the speed, but that should do.

why not turn the SH into modem only mode, connect a router to provide wifi.

I recommend the TPLink WDR 3600 running DDWRT

why not turn the SH into modem only mode, connect a router to provide wifi.

I recommend the TPLink WDR 3600 running DDWRT

Probably the best way as Superhubs don't have a good WIFI reputation.

I use the Superhub 2 with wifi disks.. theyre great.. thing with them is you have no idea your connected to the router or the disks. trouble i may have now is my wifi range has doubled and opens the risk to more people using my internet as a hotspot..

Back