internet problem

oldmanken

Inactive User
Reaction score
Please help??? after computer has been on for about 10 minutes my internet connection (legit) goes mega slow (2minutes for a page to load) or comes to a halt completely and logo pops up at bottom saying network connection cable disconnected. Have spoke to VIRGIN premium rate number and they have supposedly done tests on modem from there end and say its ok, must be my end, trouble is if they send engineer and its my computer, i wil be charged. Any one have any ideas ?????????

as said above m8 , try that . should sort it out . failing that id do a full format . back all ur important stuff up (hope that no virus /spyware has attached to them ) and then format usualy works for me .

regards robby

What I would do is load up something like speedtest.net in a separate window so its ready, then do a speed test as soon as the problem begins to manifest itself. Should tell you straight away what the problem is. You could also try opening a comman prompt and doing a "tracert" to the address you're trying to open, should tell you where the sticking point is.

sounds like spyware ............have you tried clearing all your temp internet files and clear history it could be a corrupt cookie.

Tried speedteet, couldnt even get a download speed so slow. Tried spybot but couldnt download updates so useless, in the end did a full system recovery backing all my files up to "my old disc structure" and then reinstalling everything and seems to be working fine for last couple of days, Thanks for your ideas

Install as a matter of course anti-spy software. (most AV has it built in nowadays) NOD32 does
Adaware a good one to have. Regularly update and scan.
Install more than one also and keep them all updated.

Back