Internet explorer problems

ByteMaster

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

After recently using the windows validation removal tool from the downloads and the downloading updates from Microsoft I have ran into a snag with internet explorer....
Keep getting this message

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

Done all the above and I can connect in M S intenet explorer but no pages show.
Although i usually use firefox some pages i.e internet shopping and the like wont work properly.
Please any suggestions I have been thrawling the internet all morning trying different fixes but still to no avail :-(

was this my WGA patch you used? cos theres no way it would have caused this to happen lol

could be malware related run some full system scans and see if that turns anything up

also delete the browser cache and flush the dns resolver cache (ipconfig /flushdns) and see if that makes any difference

i`ll attach a wee util for repairing winsock connections and you can try running that as well

sorry cant think of anything else atm cos its friday aka beerday w00t :)

or firefox woulb be a better option

FFS, Firefox isn't the fix for everything? Let people choose what they want to use eh? It has it's problems too? Installing Firefox might let you browse the internet but will NOT solve you IE problem. If it's spyware blocking it, you should really get rid of it?

Go to downloads and run CW Shreader and Hijack this, Just in case you have downloaded some spyware.

Last edited:
You are not by any chance using a laptop with a wireless connection to the internet ?. My laptop had a on/off button for my wireless connection on the side which was accidently turned off and therefore could not coonect to internet and got th eexact same message as you.

Back