Intermittent Reception Problem

Shade

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am getting poor reception problems on some of the channels I receive, most notably the movie channels. Other subscription channels seem fine, eg Kerrang, and normal non subsc BBC 1,2 / ITV are fine too.

I have used two Tit2 ROM10 cards, both with same error. I also have tried funcards with the latest RST hex, and get same error. Basically the picture and sound 'freezes' for split second before continuning, happening every 10-15 seconds or so. The cards are good for perhaps 30mins to an hour before this problem kicks in.

I have reset the red jumper on my Pace 1000 phase 1b stb and used libby to reset net id.I reprogrammed the cards from scratch, so im inclined to think its a fault on the stb, although its been reliable for a good 2 years or so.

I have arranged to borrow a friends stb next week, but until then i thought id post here to see if anyone else has this same trouble. Im in an ex-cw area, 41060 Bromley platform.

The fact that im not getting the same problem on every channel is confusing me, which is why im reluctant to think of it as a faulty stb, as surely it would affect all channels?

In the Engineers menu the following info is present

DVB DEMOD STATUS PAGE - SNR EST 31.0db SIGNAL OK

MCNS DOWNSTREAM PAGE - SNR EST 0.0db SNR LOW

Any suggestions wb most welcome.

Cheers
Shade

Have you always had these problems, I found in the past that the location of where you line is connected in the green cable junction box in the street depends on the reception. The higher the connection the better the reception. Your line to the house is probably connected towards the bottom of the box.

Thanks
TESTPRN

Back