Intermittent Reception Problem

Shade

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there :]

I have a Pace 1000 phase 1b with a funcard using RST HEX files, which used to work fine on all channels, in an ex-cw area.

I did change to a tit2 card, which worked fine until recently, but having problems reprogramming it (thats another issue)

Therefore i went back to square 1, reprogrammed my funcard, and put it in the stb. Most channel receptions are fine, however on some channels (notably 0/7 and the movie channels) theres a fair bit of jitter (sound and picture freezes every 10-15 secons for a second or so), as if the signal isn't coming through. However, on other channels (kerrang for example, which is a subscription channel) the reception is fine.

Ive tried reprogramming a spare funcard in case it was a dodgy card, but get the same intermittent reception results, so i guess the fault isnt at the card end.

I never had this problem 6 monts ago, so if anyone can shed any light on the matter, i would apprieciate it. If it is something to do with signal strength (big assumption considering it doesnt affect ALL the channels), is there any way i can boost it from the NTL coaxial port?

Thanks
Shade

Look at the signal to noise (SNR) value in the engineers menu - if it's below 30 then the signal strength could be the issue.

Otherwise these are typical symptoms of either (i) a tuner failure - you can swap the two tuners over (in fact you can leave the upstream one out altogether) which may cure the problem. or (ii) a capacitor failure on the mainboard (in which case happy hunting:))

Then again the problem might right itself as the CC might be having trouble sending with those spacific channels to you because of works in your area, ask a neighbour if they are having trouble with thiers as well.
Clive.

Back