Browser Interfering false website

telsave

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi, Hope someone can please help?

Today when working in Chrome my screen was taken over by one of these idiots that says I have to phone microsoft urgently. Can anyone recommend a way to stop analysegateway.xyz from loading please.

I should say that I have not downloaded anything from the Internet that could have loaded this and I am paranoid with my emails deleting everything and never loading a link or atachement unless I definately know where it was originated from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you scanned with your anti-virus?
Also try installing "anti-malware bytes" it's caught things on my computer that my anti-virus hasn't caught.
With reffernce to the "call Microsoft" I seen that with my own eyes. When you ring them they send you a notification to disable your firewall.
Hopefully scan anti-malware and anti-virus scan will catch it.

Have you scanned with your anti-virus?
Also try installing "anti-malware bytes" it's caught things on my computer that my anti-virus hasn't caught.
With reffernce to the "call Microsoft" I seen that with my own eyes. When you ring them they send you a notification to disable your firewall.
Hopefully scan anti-malware and anti-virus scan will catch it.

Thanks M8, Yeh! I tried AdAware and Malwarebytes to no effect. Perhaps throwing computer of window could help. Phoning Microsoft is not the answer as they will know nothing about these idiots. Thanks for taking time out.

Do ya Malwarebytes scan in Safemode is best.

try hitmanpro as well pretty sure plenty other options do you not have a backup made for such a thing happening saves the hassle or even a restore point may work failing that just wipe the drive start again simples

Do ya Malwarebytes scan in Safemode is best.

Thanks Joe this is what I did Thanks again for taking time out to try to help

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Alimac

I do have backups but all I do to get rid of it is to close Chrome down and then start up but disallow the restore pages starting afresh bit inconvenient but it gets rid of the virus/malware for a while.

Regards and thanks for trying to help

Try CCleaner. Click the registry option, scan and then fix.

Link

Also worth checking Control Panel > Program and Features
then sort by installed date and make sure nothing has installed in the last few days.

Might be a an idea to reset the chrome broswer to default

Go to Setting in chrome
chrome://settings/

On the bottom, click on Show advanced settings
Next go to bottom of the page and it should show

Restore settings
Restore settings to their original defaults.
Click on reset setting

Just remember this method will remove any additional addons/scripts you have installed.

Back