interesting read i hope

mister-t

Inactive User
Reaction score
before everyone starts saying why keep on about the skystar card,let me give you some information.
i have been using a sammy 9500 patched of course which has given me great service and still do's
and many of you will have your own prefered receivers which you may or may not be happy with.
but how much was your receiver?
the skystar card can do as much and more than most receivers for less than £40 depending where you buy it from.
i have silver cards fun cards gold cards m2 card titanium card irdeto freecam season interface,these alone cost a small fortune
and i only use the titanium now
this is why im happy with skystar cards
if you are not happy with the viewer you use with the card try another one,nearly all are free,keep changing receivers very expensive
record straight to your hard drive,receivers with inbuilt hard drives are expensive,plus how do you copy what you have recorded onto dvd
it can be done i know but not easy.
all available encryptions are open even biss.
why keep progging cards when you can download all files copy and paste and away you go.
most viewers support picture in picture,record more than one audio stream at the same time.
if you only want to update one channel open up the softcam with notepad and change the keys you want and save
no need for inbuilt cams,with cam emulation software,and a programmer for card set to phoenix mode,put your original card in the progger and you can view your subscription card on your skystar
so i hope you read this post with interest,and maybe consider going down the route of sat on your pc
a cheap second sat receiver that wont cost the earth but is as good as most high end receivers

Yep everyone has different preferences, but you cannot fault what they can offer for the money. Skystar ~35 quid or technomate 1000 ~70 quid, so you are right there. I believe its the complex setting up and learning curve that puts most off, certainly not as easy as plugging a modern technomate in and pressing channel up and down :). Keeping it updated requires a lot of effort compared with modern serial lead patching, and finding help for these devices is difficult- you are a rare find m8. I guess the fact that pictures are on your pc screen rather than tv might be a downside for some too, but recording is a definite bonus.
Myself, i record direct to harddrive using a usb2 composite video device which connects to any receiver by scart and also I do have 2 subscription cards in at the same time which also suits a receiver rather than phoenix programmers.

Out of interest mister-t, have you attempted testing any card share stuff with your skystar and phoenix? What knowledge do you have on software suited for skystar/phoenix/cardshare ?

Thanks for your input, regards
:)

can i use my subbed sky card with usb unlimited in pheonix mode an unlock the encrypted channels or will the card not work cos my card is paired with my box?? if so can some one give me some guidelines such as player cam ect cheers

I would agree with Mister-t

I had my Skystar2 card sitting in a box for awhile until I was shown the apropriate software to use with the card. The updates come in frequently and even today I opened up more channels with that compared to my TM stb.
The biggest plus has got to to be the ability to record for me, it gives excellent results and takes hardly anytime at all. Most PC's with a meagre 40GB HD can record hours of viewing. Use Nero Vision Express or similar it's a doodle to burn to DVD.

I also own a USB Infinity Phoenix Programmer (which I used for Tit2/ATMega/Funcards) but have yet to purchase a viewing card..........but it's usually to own for the future.

The Skystar2 is also able to view HD transmissions as long as you have 2Ghz+ cpu.

chrome

@Pink Helmets to update the CAM files all you simply do is overwrite the existing file as shown in the attachment.

Also attached are the driver files for the SS2 card, so no need to install from the installation CD, you just need these files for your card.

pinkhelmets said:
Yep everyone has different preferences, but you cannot fault what they can offer for the money. Skystar ~35 quid or technomate 1000 ~70 quid, so you are right there. I believe its the complex setting up and learning curve that puts most off, certainly not as easy as plugging a modern technomate in and pressing channel up and down :). Keeping it updated requires a lot of effort compared with modern serial lead patching, and finding help for these devices is difficult- you are a rare find m8. I guess the fact that pictures are on your pc screen rather than tv might be a downside for some too, but recording is a definite bonus.
Myself, i record direct to harddrive using a usb2 composite video device which connects to any receiver by scart and also I do have 2 subscription cards in at the same time which also suits a receiver rather than phoenix programmers.

Out of interest mister-t, have you attempted testing any card share stuff with your skystar and phoenix? What knowledge do you have on software suited for skystar/phoenix/cardshare ?

Thanks for your input, regards
:)
first of all really easy to update.with a tv out card you can watch skystar on your tv.as for cardshare progdvb allready has the neccessary software to do this but as of yet not tried it but i will do some time soon.

@chrome307

you are begining to impress me with how quick you are picking things up m8
keep up the good work

Back