Intelsat 907

pathere

Member +
Reaction score
Did anyone notice there was an lengthy outage Saturday evening?

It also dropped out several days ago during the day, as the satellite was launched at the beginning of 2003 with an estimated like of 13 years its surprising its not been replaced, which would probably be bad news for many.

Anyone know more?

There was a lot of talk on the local (Algarve) Facebook group but most (if not all of them) use Icecrypt receivers which are working at their very limits, so any signal disturbance usually results in the rather misleading 'Scrambled Channel' message. As far as I know none of my (500+) customers had any problems with their Technomates.
I believe there was an exceptional solar flare recently so this may have affected the signal.
907 is indeed a very old bird. I thought Astra 2A did well lasting some 18 months past her 'best before' date, 907 must be hanging on by a thread.

I have seen signal failure twice in the last week or so and pixalation a couple of times.
A couple of the Satalite websites have stated that it is running very low on fuel and has allready had its life expectancy advanced 18 months beyond its previous date.
Current forcast is to fail in 2020 first quarter.
The hic-ups we are seeing now could be efforts to conserve fuel as it seem to be drifting further from the correct position before beeing corrected.
Maybe this is the beginning of the end!!

Back